New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    im planning to buy new mags for my car (ek civic) and i have my eyes on a set of 15's from rota, although i'm not sure if its the right fit for my car.

size: 15 x 6.5 e38/35/18
    pcd: 5h/8h/10h x 100/114.3/108

what do all these numbers mean? what's the proper offset (and any other specification of the wheel) for my car?

thnx in advance :mrgreen:

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    logbook advise po get the mags like yung sa SIR, porma, clean, stock

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    logbook, yung offset ay makikita mo sa owners handbook mo.

Baka makatulong ito sa'yo http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/tech/wheeltech.htm with regards to your other questions.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    logbook,

I am starting to hear many good things about Rota. They are fast becoming the choice of wheels for many of the competetive solo racers in the States, due to their weight, strength and quality.

I am not 100% sure I understand all the specs listed above, but let me go ahead and take a stab at trying to decipher what they mean.

size
    -----
    15 x 6.5 - diameter and width of the wheel (generally in inches)
    E38 or E35 - available offsets for the wheel

pcd
    -----
    5h/8h/10h - number of holes or bolt pattern available: 5-hole/8-hole/10-hole
    x 100/114.3/108 - for each bolt pattern, the diameter of the studs (for each hole) (in millimeter?) from the center of the wheel.

Hope this helps!

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    thanks guys :D...

im still choosing between their msr model and the subzero model, any suggestions? 8)

and what tires can you suggest? brand, model and size...

tnx again :mrgreen:

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hey logbook.. have you seen the Rota Group N? they're Mugen RNR copies by Rota!

I just got them and damn! they're indeed lightweight! 12-13 lbs per wheel! :shock: Looks good on all civic lines IMHO especially the EG and EK.

Rotas are now known for their light weight rims nowadays. Even if they are just copies of the orig design, there is a weight difference of relatively a few pounds only.

Most 15" rotas sold here has the right wheel specs for our civics. Right offset too so no problem with lowered cars.

As for the tires... I suggest you go for the DUnlop FM901 or Bridgestones.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    100mm / 114.3mm- these are the distances of the mounting holes of the wheels from one another.

I think for a Civic the proper offset is ET42. But the ET38 should fit unless you put really fat tires on them.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by logbook

and what tires can you suggest? brand, model and size...
    Depends on what your needs are.

Do you need a high dry-and-wet performance (but short tire life) tire vs. a harder, lower performance but high longevity tire?

Also, how much are you willing to spend? What would your approximate budget look like?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    long-life kind of tires habol ko, plus tahimik yung ride. for everyday driving

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    bridgestone potenzas are good or try toyo proxes t1-s

8)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
wheels 101