New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ano pa ba ang probable causes ng wheel wiggle? medjo nagkaroon ng onting wiggle yung oto ko two days ago. naramdaman ko sya while travelling to QC. hindi naman sobrang lakas, mild lang nararamdaman sa steering wheel, pero i can hear wiggling sounds sa left front wheel.

eto naman ang mga nagawa na sa suspension:

- replaced tie-rods/ bushings/rack-end/ball joints (last month)
    - replaced tires (4) (last month)
    - tires are already balanced (last thursday lang).

i've already checked the tire pressure, pero ok naman. hindi naman oblong yung goma dahil bago.

wala namang problem sa shocks.

i was thinking, baka sa rims. pero possible ba yun na biglaan?

wiggle starts at around 40 kph, and medjo nawawa pagdating ng 70-80 kph.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    ano pa ba ang probable causes ng wheel wiggle? medjo nagkaroon ng onting wiggle yung oto ko two days ago. naramdaman ko sya while travelling to QC. hindi naman sobrang lakas, mild lang nararamdaman sa steering wheel, pero i can hear wiggling sounds sa left front wheel.

eto naman ang mga nagawa na sa suspension:

- replaced tie-rods/ bushings/rack-end/ball joints (last month)
    - replaced tires (4) (last month)
    - tires are already balanced (last thursday lang).

i've already checked the tire pressure, pero ok naman. hindi naman oblong yung goma dahil bago.

wala namang problem sa shocks.

i was thinking, baka sa rims. pero possible ba yun na biglaan?

wiggle starts at around 40 kph, and medjo nawawa pagdating ng 70-80 kph.

1d4lv,
    are the tires tramping (up and down) or wobbling (side to side)? was the car manufacturer's tire specs followed and not what it says on the tire side wall? were the wheels overtorqued by using an air imapct wrench without torque limiter? was the major splice of the tire lined up with the tire inflation valve? are the wheel bearings worn out? what tire changer type was used, was it coats 40/40 or the revolving turntable type? are the wheels aluminum alloy or steel? were the tire beads properly seated?
    these are the questions that can give you a definite answer.
    jick

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jick.cejoco View Post
    1d4lv,
    are the tires tramping (up and down) or wobbling (side to side)? was the car manufacturer's tire specs followed and not what it says on the tire side wall? were the wheels overtorqued by using an air imapct wrench without torque limiter? was the major splice of the tire lined up with the tire inflation valve? are the wheel bearings worn out? what tire changer type was used, was it coats 40/40 or the revolving turntable type? are the wheels aluminum alloy or steel? were the tire beads properly seated?
    these are the questions that can give you a definite answer.
    jick

side to side. specs are 195/60/15. stock is 185/65/14. since it only came around last week (i have been using the car for more than two months), hindi sya on the tire specs.

tire bearings are still ok. they are alloy. tire beads are properly seated. i dont think they are overtorqued.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    side to side. specs are 195/60/15. stock is 185/65/14. since it only came around last week (i have been using the car for more than two months), hindi sya on the tire specs.

tire bearings are still ok. they are alloy. tire beads are properly seated. i dont think they are overtorqued.

1d4lv,
    do you mean to say you used to have 14 inch tires on 14 inch wheels and now you have 15 inch tire beads on 14 inch wheels?
    the specs i was talking about is the pressure specs found on the owner's manual, the glove box, the console, the fuel filler lid or on the B pillar or the car or on the dirver's door depending on what car you drive and not what the tire manufacturer's MAXIMUM tire inflation pressure. if this symptom is recent, there is a possibility that one or more of your tires suffered tire puncture injury and the belt or the ply cords got cut off, this causes the tire to warp. or you might have hit a pothole or bump or curb.
    try changing wheel locations and reinstall torquing the lugnuts at 75 foot pounds.
    jick

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ^^ no.no... i am now using 15 inch rims. stock OEM rims are on 14.
    this is what i am planning to do... to transfer the wheel in front to the back to see if it works.

i just need more opinions on this.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    camber correction? since you replaced all of these (tie-rods/ bushings/rack-end/ball joints)

7. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    camber correction? since you replaced all of these (tie-rods/ bushings/rack-end/ball joints)
    \

agree with shadow

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    try to check you're front brake disc if its rotating properly, it happen to me same problem and the rootcause is the right front wheel disc not rotating properly.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Or the mags is na-ocho (8).

side ways kamo diba?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i have a hunch its the balljoint. may konting katok eh.
    hindi sya camber correction dahil i just had it cambered too.
    i am sure its not the mags. hindi naman ako nalulubak ng malalim eh.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Wheel Wiggle