New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    hi,

upod na ang bushing ko ng stabilizer link kaya pinalitan ko na pareho. tanong ko lang mga boss, kelangan ba ng wheel alignment kung nagpalit ako nito? my car is lancer pizza

ty

2. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Definitely bro. When I had the bushings changed I had my vehicle re-aligned too.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    yup. thats what my mechanic said, and thats what i did.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    yep thats right, after kailangan talaga ng alignment.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    I don't think so. The stabilizer bar and link has nothing to do with wheel alignment. The main purpose of the stabilizer is to prevent body roll during cornering or turning.
    You will need wheel alignment if you change any of the following:
    lower arm bushing, steering rack ends, ball joints, tie rod ends, trailing arm bushings, control arm assembly, front shocks assembly.
    But not if you only change the stabilizer links.

6. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by spyghost View Post
    hi,

upod na ang bushing ko ng stabilizer link kaya pinalitan ko na pareho. tanong ko lang mga boss, kelangan ba ng wheel alignment kung nagpalit ako nito? my car is lancer pizza

ty
    basta ginalaw mo on any parts of your suspension, youll need an alignment.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    tama si tip_tipid no need to align your suspensions since the Stablizer link has nothing to do with your alignment.. its main purpose is to control the vehicle during hard turn and cornering.. it is responsible for maintaining the vehicle low and balanced on both sides when cornering to avoid roll over... replacing them will also give you quieter ride since the bushings are replaced and rattling sound coming from the stabilizer arms and links will be reduced, also change your stabilizer arm bushings aside from stabilizer link bushings

8. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    no need na.as long na di ginalaw yung ibang suspension parts.tanong lang stab bar links ba kamo or stab shaft bushings ang kailangan mong palitan.pero habang wala ka pang naririnig na clunking noise ya ok pa yan but then kung talagang pudpud na eh its time na.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    if that was all that was replaced then no need na to align. pero if it's stuff like bushings sa arm or the tie rods/shocks etc then kelangan na yun.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Sirs, what is the reason if there's 'lagutok' if you turn your steering wheel from left to right and vice-versa? Though hnde naman lage. Does it mean need na palitan stabilizer links?

Also, sa suspension merong mahinang 'tok tok tok' every time you hit an uneven surface. Need na rin po ba pa-check bushings?

Thanks!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
wheel alignment after stabilizer link kit change?