New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    hi,

i was just wondering, what makes camber alignment an additional cost? kung baga, its still an eccentric bolt like the toe alignment that is turned when outside its operating limits.

why do they impose an additional charge for this parameter... i dont' get it. iikutin rin lang naman ito.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by spyghost View Post
    hi,

i was just wondering, what makes camber alignment an additional cost? kung baga, its still an eccentric bolt like the toe alignment that is turned when outside its operating limits.

why do they impose an additional charge for this parameter... i dont' get it. iikutin rin lang naman ito.
    You can't do two jobs at once. They'll do one job for the toe alignment, and then they'll do the camber alignment separately. If they adjust both at the same time, they can mess up the settings.

Of course, they only put the car up on the lift once... so they should charge a bit less than if they're doing it separately... guess it depends on how honest the shop is.
    Last edited by niky; September 14th, 2009 at 11:02 AM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    di ba pwede DIY na lang ang camber? medyo mahal din sa servitek (mga 500+ din per gulong). meron ba dito thread nakagawa na nun?

4. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    May computer and accessories sila for doing the camber. If you don't see your car's model on their computer, bring you car somewhere else because they will just do trial and error. Mura na 500 per gulong kasi sa iba 900 and camber kahit isa lang ang gagawin.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Iba ang camber correction. The usual practice is to remove the part( i forgot the name) ,they will heat it and bend it . Its a tedious process and its usually guaranteed for 3 mos, unlike wheel alignment that is guaranteed for 1 month.

6. Join Date
    May 2007
    *spyghost
    Wheel alignment: is everything toe in ,toe out,camber and caster except parts like;(bent) drag link,ball joint,tie rod etc., even "the shingles" are part of alignment.
    Assuming you are talking about adjustment, not adding or changing of parts, it definitely should be no charge. Your question reminded me of ads that used to read "Tune-up Special! $29.95, + parts and labor".

what's makes camber alignment an additional cost?