New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    first is i wanna have the wobble feeling of my vitara out. =( if its possible. i've got it check at servitek and they just pushed the car up and down to see if the suspension works. -_- well i kinda find it.... waste of time

second is the engine. how i could make it faster and effecient. but i dont think those two could go hand in hand

my car is extremely stock at the moment and i have no idea where to bring it for anything. =(

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hi Delta! Welcome to our subforum!

What seems to be the problem with your suspension? Matagtag ba ang ride? Excessive steering play? Kindly elaborate so we could help you with it.

The Vitara engine is a capable one but would benefit from additional modifications. Maybe my setup could give you an idea of where to start:

A 1995 Suzuki Vitara 4-door 1.6L 16V EFI SE516 (acquired August 2001 in Bacolod) with 30,000km on the odometer and currently at 64,000km
    a.k.a. KIDDO

Engine and Electricals
    MSD Blaster Coil
    SplitFire High-tension wires
    Denso Iridium sparkplugs
    Custom Headers with freeflow exhaust
    Custom Electric Radiator Fan with manual switch
    Custom Relay bracket with rewirings
    Advanced +10degree cam timing (I hope this is the right term
    GE 140/110 headlamps
    Lightforce 240 auxillary lights with Osram Xenophobt 100w bulbs

Body and suspension
    Custom 2-inch body lift
    Old Man EMU front and rear shock absorbers
    Old Man EMU front and rear coil springs
    Safari Snorkel
    Rocky Road 1 1/8 inch front and rear polyurethane spacers
    Calmini steering stabilizer and truss kit
    ARB Front Winch Bullbar with Armark bracket modifications
    Custom front skidplate
    Custom transfercase skidplate
    Custom rear Calmini-copy gas tank skidplate
    Third-party roofrack
    Rear BOSCH red foglight
    EQUIPT leatherseats
    Detailing by Bigberts Professional Detailers
    Undercoat by MARC Caltex

Tires
    BF Goodrich T/A 30x9.5 R15
    American Motor Sport 15x7 Baja magwheels

Accessories
    Pioneer KEH-7550
    MBQuart front coaxial speakers
    Rockford Fosgate Punch 600
    Kicker CompVR Subwoofer
    Black Widow Vehicle Security System
    Fire extinguisher
    Handheld spotlight
    Jumper cables
    Towstrap
    Tie-down straps
    Foldable seat
    California Duster :lol:

3. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    nice set up sir

4. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    wow! alagang alaga =)

hhmm.... yung akin ata is 1998 vitara.

Matagtag sya. at first my tire pressure was around 25 - 30 its like a sensor for the pavement if its flat or not. so i lowered it to 20, but its still wobly minus the headaches after driving =)

i think i'll try ur engine setup (if u dont mind) =D where can i get those things done and bought. cuz am a dummy at cars

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Delta: Hmmm...it was my friend way back in Bacolod who did most of the engine modifications for me. Pero with regards to the MSD coil, wires, and plugs, I think you can install that yourself.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    WireTap,

Forgive my ignorance. But what is a California Duster? What is it for?

Thanks.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Dan,

Here you go...tested and proven by tsikot peeps

http://calcarduster.com/originalDuster.asp

8. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Hi wiretap,

what could be wrong with my Vitara if i have excessive steering play? I also experience vibrations when I reach 90-100Kph... is this connected with the steering play? is this dangerous?

BTW i read that you have headers and freeflow muffler... ndi ba maingay? What about your coil and HT wires how much did u spend for that? where did u buy your coil spacers? I really like what you did to ur ride! Good job!

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    gian:

We have a discussion about the steering play at another forum: http://4x4ph.com/forum/index.php?act=ST&f=5&t=1548&
    Please feel free to join in also there.

Before you try the gearbox adjustment, you may want to check firs some basic stuff which surprisingly may contribute to the problem. Check your tires. Are they properly inflated? Baka worn out na. Check the camber and alignment also. It might be out of spec already. Have you changed any of your suspension components already? Check your balljoints, centerlink, tie rod, rack ends. They might be worn out already so it may need replacement. If you have checked all of those above and still the problem persists, thats the time to dig deeper. Advise us as to the outcome of your checkup so we could give further suggestions.

Regarding my headers and muffler, nope hindi siya maingay. I purchased my freeflow muffler at Freemuff. The headers were done at my home province. MSD blaster coil will set you back around P2-3k. Aftermarket HT wires about P4k. I purchased my coil spacers from www.rocky-road.com but I believe RATS has their own 1-inch poly spacers as well.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    gian:

We have a discussion about the steering play at another forum: http://4x4ph.com/forum/index.php?act=ST&f=5&t=1548&
    Please feel free to join in also there.

Before you try the gearbox adjustment, you may want to check firs some basic stuff which surprisingly may contribute to the problem. Check your tires. Are they properly inflated? Baka worn out na. Check the camber and alignment also. It might be out of spec already. Have you changed any of your suspension components already? Check your balljoints, centerlink, tie rod, rack ends. They might be worn out already so it may need replacement. If you have checked all of those above and still the problem persists, thats the time to dig deeper. Advise us as to the outcome of your checkup so we could give further suggestions.

Regarding my headers and muffler, nope hindi siya maingay. I purchased my freeflow muffler at Freemuff. The headers were done at my home province. MSD blaster coil will set you back around P2-3k. Aftermarket HT wires about P4k. I purchased my coil spacers from www.rocky-road.com but I believe RATS has their own 1-inch poly spacers as well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Vitara engine/suspension Q's