New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    May 2013
    Hi! I'm new here in tsikot.com.

I have a 2006 Toyota Vios and I found put that my axle rubber boots were broken. So I had it replaced and had wheel-alignment after. I noticed that my ride got bumpy after the boots replacement. I observed it for a few days, thinking maybe that it was the road that was really bumpy. I suspected that I may have damaged tires, so I replaced the tires but still my ride is bumpy that I have to really go slow on uneven pavements.

What is the cause of this? Please help.

Thanks.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Discovery View Post
    Hi! I'm new here in tsikot.com.

I have a 2006 Toyota Vios and I found put that my axle rubber boots were broken. So I had it replaced and had wheel-alignment after. I noticed that my ride got bumpy after the boots replacement. I observed it for a few days, thinking maybe that it was the road that was really bumpy. I suspected that I may have damaged tires, so I replaced the tires but still my ride is bumpy that I have to really go slow on uneven pavements.

What is the cause of this? Please help.

Thanks.
    check shock absorber and ensure you are using the recommended tire pressure

3. Join Date
    May 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by jresperanza View Post
    check shock absorber and ensure you are using the recommended tire pressure
    I've tried with different tire pressure, still the same sir.

The suspension/ride was still okay until it was lifted when the rubber boots were replaced. I've read that shock absorbers sometimes got stuck After lifting, does it mean that the shocks are already damaged? Or is there a way to remedy the stuck? Thanks

4. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Maybe you were just used to the feel and ride of your car before it got repaired? He bumpy is the ride? Maybe your replacement parts just need a bit of time to be broken in perhaps?

5. Join Date
    May 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by K.I.L.L. View Post
    Maybe you were just used to the feel and ride of your car before it got repaired? He bumpy is the ride? Maybe your replacement parts just need a bit of time to be broken in perhaps?
    I hope it gets better in time. When it was just repaired, we even nearly hit our heads on the roof of the car.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    mebbe your shocks ARE stuck. mebbe they need replacement. try to bounce your car body at each corner by pushing down on it several times. if you can't push it down, then your shocks are shot.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    If your car were lifted with all the wheels hanging, the Shock absorber got hyper extended and will be so Stiff after that. happened to me na sa car ko last time nagpaservice ako. Stifff na sobra parang nakasakay ako sa karitela lumulundag lundag lalo na sa Star hway. After searching thru a lot of automotive forums...common pala yan sakit na yan. Kaya next time dont let your car be lifted for long periods of time with all the wheel hanging. If magttagal sa ganung position have all the wheels removed para hindi gaano ma hyperextend ang shocks absorbers. Gamitin mo lang sya tuloy tuloy mine get back to normal after a month or so of use. I intentionally run it through humps para ma compressed sya hoping to reverse whatever ang nangyari nun. Swerte am actually canvassing na nun for a shock absorber replacement, bumalik din sa normal.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    replacing the axle boots will have no effect on the ride quality of your car

9. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posible na maling tools nagamit nun nagpalit ng rubber boot sa shock absorber. Baka gumamit ng plier.

10. Join Date
    May 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiggs View Post
    If your car were lifted with all the wheels hanging, the Shock absorber got hyper extended and will be so Stiff after that. happened to me na sa car ko last time nagpaservice ako. Stifff na sobra parang nakasakay ako sa karitela lumulundag lundag lalo na sa Star hway. After searching thru a lot of automotive forums...common pala yan sakit na yan. Kaya next time dont let your car be lifted for long periods of time with all the wheel hanging. If magttagal sa ganung position have all the wheels removed para hindi gaano ma hyperextend ang shocks absorbers. Gamitin mo lang sya tuloy tuloy mine get back to normal after a month or so of use. I intentionally run it through humps para ma compressed sya hoping to reverse whatever ang nangyari nun. Swerte am actually canvassing na nun for a shock absorber replacement, bumalik din sa normal.
    I suspect na ito nangayari sa kotse ko kasi naka hang yung wheels ko while it was repaired and medyo natagalan kasi bumili pa ang shop ng rubber boots pagkatapos matanggal ito. Almost whole day ata naka hang ang wheels. As compared to the time when it was just repaired, hindi na gaano bumpy ang ride sa ngayon.

Thanks sa info sir.