New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Guys! Tanong ko lang whats wrong with my Lancer Gli. Ngayong ko lang kc na experience ito. I feel Vibrations when i step at the brake to malakas sya pag mabilis ang takbo ko so that puts my gear to the third o fourth. Ano kaya problema nito? Is there something wrong with my Brakes or something else? worried kc ako because i normally use the car to travel long distances so i need to have peace of mind kc kung serious ang problema got to bring it na to my mechanic. Guys hope to get your inputs.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    There's a possibility that you have warped rotors.

if it's the rotors, have it checked, reface if needed or replaced if necessary. it goes without saying you need new brake pads when you have your rotors refaced.

kung okay naman ang rotors, baka uneven wear ng brake pads, or hangin sa brake system (not sure on this one).

HTH

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sir artopogi is right...warped na yung rotors mo...
    or pwede din yung drum brakes mo....nangyari na
    yan sa revo namin..oblong yung drum brake..

4. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    check if there is even wear on the friction materials, or even the rotor surface. if the rotor surface is uneven, it can be grinded to even out the rough edges. the cause of this was the stuck calipers (kapag na baha ka, most likely ganon ang after-effect).

5. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    warped rotors or if you have ABS that is mulfuntioning could also do that.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ............or it could be just a simple case of wheel balancing

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sabi nya high speed daw e...

so pag high speed lang nangyayari, could be the abs. so ask ko kay ize_9, may sound ba na "dug-dug-dug" and the brake pedal "pumps" up and down? if your answer is yes then abs yan. pa-check mo sa mitsubishi service center, di yan kaya sa tabi-tabi na talyer lang.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    ang alam ko walang abs lancer gli, if i'm correct most probably rotor ang problema. idaan mo na sa service center mahirap may problema sa brake system.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    could be warped rotors. it's a simple job to reface them (if they are not at the minimum thickness yet)

10. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    i agree. just bring it to the qualified technician or mechanic. kami ang ginawa namin nuon e ni-liha lang. tiyagaan lang, i believe some one here might not agree... pero nagawa naman namin.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Vibrating Brake Pedal