New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Hi im currently having a problem with my suspension. Its a 2007 strada. Wala pa akong na encounter na major problem sa sasakyan ko. Nayong may naririning na akong squeaking sound on the front end of the car and while im steering in place. Pina check up ko sa Zafra Motors and they said i had to replace the ball joints and link kit. So i this is the estimate they gave me.

2 low ball joint - 4500
    2 upper ball joint - 4900
    2 link kit - 3960
    13,360 for the parts

Labor 2000 for the ball joints and 800 for the bushings and link kit.
    camber correction wheel alignment 1800
    4600 for the labor.

17,960 all in all. Am i being robbed coz i really think so. Zafra Motors palang ang pinuntahan ko kasi dami pang customer sa Wheelers Haus.
    What do think guys? I have read 555 brand of suspension is fairly cheap and yet durable. Any recommendation on other shops and brands that has a reasonable price in banawe? Thanks in advance for the help!

2. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Sir try mo cruven, meron sila option to repair ung mga bushing baka pwede sa mga parts mo. Search mo sa webdite nila kung saan ang pinakamapit na branch sayo.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tsikot Car Forums mobile app

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    i recommend replacement and not repair. it has been my experience that when the ball joint gets loose and starts clunking around, it may be "repaired" (sa tagalog, gawan ng paraan). but i was never happy with the repair.. tinimbang siya ngunit kulang. matigas... sandali lang at uulit nang uli...etc. replacement is the long-term solution. in my opinion, repair is the option when spares are not available.
    at mukhang mahal ang quotation ng parts and labor.
    i have tried 555 and it's ok.

btw, squeaking is not a usual symptom of worn metal parts. worn metal parts make a sharp sound like metal hitting metal or, in tagalog, lumalagutok, especially when going over road imperfections.
    squeeking... it's probably the rubber parts that need replacement. and these are cheaper than the metal parts.

my suggestion is to get another opinion.

4. Join Date
    May 2012
    Try to inquire your replacement parts here, 555 brands is ok for me too.

Then to get the job done, try exalta or wheelers in banawe 7819958

Just a satisfied customer here on those shops i posted above.

Hipe this helps.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk - now Free

5. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Manilablock View Post
    Sir try mo cruven, meron sila option to repair ung mga bushing baka pwede sa mga parts mo. Search mo sa webdite nila kung saan ang pinakamapit na branch sayo.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tsikot Car Forums mobile app
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    i recommend replacement and not repair. it has been my experience that when the ball joint gets loose and starts clunking around, it may be "repaired" (sa tagalog, gawan ng paraan). but i was never happy with the repair.. tinimbang siya ngunit kulang. matigas... sandali lang at uulit nang uli...etc. replacement is the long-term solution. in my opinion, repair is the option when spares are not available.
    at mukhang mahal ang quotation ng parts and labor.
    i have tried 555 and it's ok.

btw, squeaking is not a usual symptom of worn metal parts. worn metal parts make a sharp sound like metal hitting metal or, in tagalog, lumalagutok, especially when going over road imperfections.
    squeeking... it's probably the rubber parts that need replacement. and these are cheaper than the metal parts.

my suggestion is to get another opinion.

Im not looking for repair since my car is 5 years old. So i wanted it replaced. Yeah i thought the quotation was expensive. Im going to visit exalta and wheelers. I hope they would give me a reasonable price. Can you guys suggest a price on labor so that i have a something to compare to. Thanks!

6. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by hachooro View Post
    Try to inquire your replacement parts here, 555 brands is ok for me too.

Then to get the job done, try exalta or wheelers in banawe 7819958

Just a satisfied customer here on those shops i posted above.

Hipe this helps.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk - now Free
    The number you gave me, is it your shop or someone you know? Anyways once im finished going to wheelers and exalta im gonna call that number for parts. THanks!

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Zafra is notorious for their outrageous prices. They even have a thread in our Goon Squad forums if you use the search function. I have tried exalta and wheelers. Both are ok. As for the balljoint, 555 is ok but if you can invest in original ones (try mit parts or eldorado), its worth it.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    Zafra is notorious for their outrageous prices. They even have a thread in our Goon Squad forums if you use the search function. I have tried exalta and wheelers. Both are ok. As for the balljoint, 555 is ok but if you can invest in original ones (try mit parts or eldorado), its worth it.

So its a no on zafra then. Im sorry but im not familiar with MIT parts or eldorado. What do you mean by them? Are they brands or shops?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    They are shops in Banawe where I used to pick up original mitsu parts from. Not sure if eldo is still open but mit parts is still there. Bestcolt banawe is also a good place to score parts. Sorry not much help, sold the Mitsu back in '07. Hehe.

I will not have my car serviced at any zafra branch, that's it.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    They are shops in Banawe where I used to pick up original mitsu parts from. Not sure if eldo is still open but mit parts is still there. Bestcolt banawe is also a good place to score parts. Sorry not much help, sold the Mitsu back in '07. Hehe.

I will not have my car serviced at any zafra branch, that's it.
    No man u helped a lot. Thanks for the info. After i get my car checked at either wheelers or exalta im gonna choose bet OEM or 555. Depends on the price range. Hehe. Thanks again! Any other tips for me to avoid those scams in banawe?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast