New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    mahihirapan tumakbo ang van mo, i have had 195/50/15's nung bago pa yung van, medyo maganda ang arangkada, pero sa rekta, iwan ka na, if you desire to cruise at a certain speed (e.g. 100kph) the tendency is to overrev the engine, than cruising with stock or close to stock specs ng tire. this is from my experience, kaya nung mag-60 series ako, very effortless na ang cruising, i guess i gave the engine a break. the practical sizes would be from 13-15 inches. but you can go as far as 16-17 if you desire. huwag ka lang lalayo doon sa height ng stock tires which is 23 inches, as it will definitely give you problems, it will just be a matter time.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    kasi napansin ko din na pag tumatakbo ako ng 120 (limit speed ng van ko) parang over rev na......what if I use 195/60/13 or 195/50/13 alin sa dalawa ang mas maganda? suggest ka naman po ng best spacs for my wheels..........:D

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Neilsen,
    What's your stock tire size again? Are you now open to changing the tires?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    N3IL53N,

check this out:

http://miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

maybe this will help you decide the proper plus size tire you're going to get.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    IMm29 am currently using 185/60/13 tires by bridgestone....bison.....light truck...8 ply.....

pierre nice site......ang lakas pala makatipid ang larger wheels.....:D

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pierre, nice one!!!

neilsen, ok na, nasagot na ni pierre!!!

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Neilsen,
    you might wanna try upgrading to 14s, so you have more choices as to wheel designs and tires. 14s aren't much heavier than 13s, so you don't sacrifice much in terms of fuel consumption and performance.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    IMm29 I plan to go for the 15" mags.......thanks to pierre's suggested site......problem is......bibigat ang steering wheel ko malamang.......I plan to use
    195-205/60/15.....halos 10% increase in speed and savings in fuel consumption and engine stress......what do you guys suggest.....:D thanx in advance.....:D

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Neilsen,
    I've gotten to do that upgrade on our AE92 Corollas before. Since they weren't power steering yet, talagang bumigat yung steering when parking or at a standstill. Kapag tumatakbo naman, IMO, mas ok coz since mas mabigat, mas less yung tendency mong mapihit ng biglaan. And steering is more precise with the bigger yet lower profile tire combo.

As to the way the bigger tires run, since they're bigger and heavier, accelerating/arangkada is slower. Parang di ka masyadong makausad. However, once you're up and running and just cruising, there's less stress on the engine to go at a higher speed. It's here, i would suppose, that you get much of your fuel savings.

Another point to consider is the tires fitting into your wheelwell without the sidewalls touching the fenders when you're running a packed van. This was a problem with the Corolla. Perhaps this won't be a problem with the LiteAce considering you've got more room for the tires and suspension to play.

In the long run, i think the additional unsprung weight of the upgraded wheel and tire combo will cause a little more stress on your suspension bushings, etc.

All in all, IMO, get the mags! :mrgreen:

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    another factory defect by Toyota.......bakit kaya ang liit ng stock tires ng liteace? pero ang wheelwell naman eh sobrang luwag.......I think kasya yung mags dun including a 195 or 205/60/15........napaka awkward tingnan kasi pag stock......you get the picture?......by the way.......saan ba magandang bumili ng mags na Rota? nakakita na kasi ako ng design sa internet......di ko lang alam ang location ng authorized dealers ng Rota dito.......any suggested shops?

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Upgrade ng Wheels