New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    hey guys, anyone here heard of TwinTire technology? pano ko ba idi-describe... hmmm... aha! its like those tires on the back of Elf trucks. difference is the 2 tires are based on 1 rim. the rim is also customized for these tires, 2 ang pito. weird? yes it is, but i got my 2nd hand car with these rims and tires on it, brand new! the former owner works for Mancor at Commonwealth and they are distributors of these types of tires. they put these wheels on my ride for advertising purposes din siguro. my pop-n-law who's an old school expert on cars, doesn't like it. pano daw pag na flat, sinong magpapalit? im thinking of having them swapped. but there are 2 reasons holding me back. 1st, sayang yung mags, nka-chrome na 16" pa. 2nd, sayang yung tires, brand new lahat. watcha' think? i'll be needing your much sought expert tsikoteer advise on this....

2. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    I've heard of them, I've also seen some pictures of them. If they were on my car, I would keep them on. Look on the bright side, if you get a flat on 1 tire on 1 rim, you have another tire left... :D

Can you also please post some pics?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    besides kung ma-flat ka, you can simply air-it-up (dala ka ng bike pump or bili ka ng portable air compressor). It doesn't need to be fully aired kasi the other tire will accept the load too.

Anong ride mo?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    *chris; thanks man! don't worry i'll post some pics for you to clearly understand what i'm trying to describe.

*wildthing; "Anong ride mo?"; were you asking what car i have or how's my ride, kung matagtag ba o hindi? my ride's a '90 corolla gl "bullet". medyo matagtag sya siguro because of 2 things. 1, dahil naka 16" mags ako; 2, dahil din siguro naka lowering springs ako na di branded. galing banawe lang. tama ba?

5. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    I did some research on these, they seem to be more common in australia. From what I read they supposedly help reduce braking distance also.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Parang sa old FORD ECONOVAN. I am familiar with those as it was being sold a few years ago in E-Rodriguez gas station near St. Lukes.

These tyres look better on Vans, station wagons, pick-ups or small 4x4s. Parang di sporty for sedans and cars.

i saw a W124 Wagon with those dual tires and it looks really nice!!

7. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    im curious about this...can anybody post a pic? (tamad mag-google eh...pasensya na..)

8. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    http://www.orbweb.net/autoshop247/ty...st_trends.html

Has a short section on the TwinTire. (with pic)

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Saw a silver AE111 with Twin Tires a few weeks ago under the Kalayaan flyover. Gusto ko sanang kausapin pero naunahan nya ako sa stoplight. Sorry forgot the plate number

10. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    *ca89056: thanks for the link! the brand name "TwinTire" in that link review is exactlly what i have.

i've passed by a shop that accepts trade in of mags and wheels that had their TwinTire rims displayed, but w/ normal sets of wheels. when i asked the owner, he said they had it brought to a machine shop in makati and had the rims fixed. it cost them P1500 per rim (daw!), yung wheels that originally came w/ it di na daw nila napakinabangan. when i asked him "san sa makati sya nagpaggawa?", the businessman in him came out and told me "kung gusto mo, ako na lang magdadala nung gulong mo sa makati. same price pa din, bahala ka na sa extra." WOW!!! the former owner of my ride, who's also a distributor of these tires told me possible ipa-convert yung rims for normal tires. he got that info from one of their customers, but can't recall kung san ipinagawa and lost the number of that customer as well.

i do hope there's a fellow tsikoteer here that could let me "see the light"! hehehe! sana nga lang it won't be that expenssive. if not, i'll go to plan B w/c is to switch my tires and rims! haaaayyy........

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
TwinTires, anyone heard of it? comments?