New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Hi,
    Kindly help me identify the problem in my car, ford lynx 1999. When I'm driving, there is sound created around the hand break and stick shift. How could I determine the difference?

regards,

2. Join Date
    May 2007
    What do you mean determine the difference?

You mean the diff. of pusang naipit sa may hand break or Paniking nanganganak sa may transmission?

Not enought info., please try to be more specific or explain the best you can kung ano ang nararamdaman mo sa kotse, how does it behave at kung anong klaseng sounds ito. Anything you say's will helps us more to understand the probable cause.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    haveit diagnosed nalang para sure ka.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Its hard to describe the sound. I just would like to know the difference if the problem is transmission or brake.

5. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by rrex View Post
    Its hard to describe the sound. I just would like to know the difference if the problem is transmission or brake.
    Rattle or vibration are hard to point where it came from, vibration can creep to the whole car. If you suspect the tranny, first to have look for is loose bolt tranny mounting or your tranny support is bad, could have been also your exhaust system are vibrating check all the connection bolts, rubber hanger. Almost always you could tell if it is a brake, brake squicking, grinding if engage brake or the pad thickness early warning, its a small pointed metal that rub your rotor if your pad reach the allowable maximum tickness....they make sounds.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Thanks for the reply.

Last weekend, I brought my car to a shop and have it diagnosed. It was found out that the rear brake(driver side) is stucked. The rear wheel could not rotate freely when jack-up was done. Brake pads are rusty. They just clean it and the sound was removed.

regards,

Transmission or Hand brake peripheral sound