New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Hi! I have a corolla 94 Big Body & brakes are sticky, we already repaired the master with a brake kit, repaired calipers & brake hose and still sticking, I separated the master cylinder brake from the booster and still sticky, then I tried bleeding from the master cylinder itself and the brakes are OK, this only happens when the engine is already hot.Thanks

2. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    You mean, na-stuck up ang brakes sir kahit hindi mo apakan? Harap o likod or both? Kung harap, Baka yung caliper piston ang may problema sir. Since yun ang tumutulak sa brake pads para maipit ang brake discs.

Peace out!

3. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    theshepherd

Yes sir, stuck-up ung front brakes lang, maski hindi tapakan and sobrang init nung disc (tunaw ung sample plastic na napulot ko.. lol). I wonder kung caliper piston and may problema, bat nung tinanggal ko ung master cylinder sa booster and nagbleed ako dun sa master cylinder mismo eh lumuwag na ung preno, as in maitutulak ko na cya...

4. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Baka restricted na ang mga brake hoses at kapag uminit na expanded ang loob barado na hind makabalik ang pressure ng brake fluid kaya stuck up siya.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Vootlog View Post
    Baka restricted na ang mga brake hoses at kapag uminit na expanded ang loob barado na hind makabalik ang pressure ng brake fluid kaya stuck up siya.
    Sir, meron po bang definite way para malaman kung ung brake hose po ang may problema?

thanks

6. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Its your brakemaster that has a problem. The repairkit you used is possibly NOT identical to the OEM. Or your mechanic adjusted the pushrod in the hydrovac (which by all means should NOT be adjusted) because of the different repair kit. Once these are touched, it is a guarantee that your brakes will stick. Replacing the repairkit requires that the replacement kit should be identical in all aspects especially the recessed part where the pushrod will rest. The pushrod in front of the hydrovac (this is the one between the brakemaster & the hydrovac) should NEVER be touched.

It could also be that your mechanic did all the right moves, however, the bleeding of your brake system is improper & inadequate...

Defective brake hose will rarely give a problem to both wheels....

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    but when did the problem arise? before the repair, or after? if after, it's likely something wrong was done... in-appropriate repair kit... wrong adjustment (yeah, the pushrod clearance; it's my favorite, because of previous experience.. it's also probably the easiest to remedy..). the hydrovac and the master cylinder actually are designed as a matching set. you can't mix and match them, because the pushrod clearance will change..
    yes, as ln1 says, improper bleeding is also a suspect..

btw, how long have you had that car?

8. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    but when did the problem arise? before the repair, or after? if after, it's likely something wrong was done... in-appropriate repair kit... wrong adjustment (yeah, the pushrod clearance; it's my favorite, because of previous experience.. it's also probably the easiest to remedy..). the hydrovac and the master cylinder actually are designed as a matching set. you can't mix and match them, because the pushrod clearance will change..
    yes, as ln1 says, improper bleeding is also a suspect..

btw, how long have you had that car?
    Thanks to everyone for helping....

I actually bought this car from my cousin last July this year and they told me it's just sitting there for almost 8 months w/o them using it, so the mechanic towed the car and they told me that there are no brakes. so they repaired it using a kit. after, a day I took the car out and went for a test drive after a few kms it actually felt like the car was dragging something and it stalled so i told the mech bout the problem and a saw them make some adjustment to the pushrod. seems to work out but then again after a few kms again it happened.

here's what happened to the car recently :

1. Towed the car without breaks ( just handbrakes working ).
    2. Repaired the master cylinder using a kit.
    3. Now i have sticky calipers (both, you cannot rotate the wheels and very hot) ( but rear brakes are fine and normal temp ).
    4. Opened the both calipers and master cylinder(again), bled, checked the brake hose, the mechanic said both are still OK.
    5. While the disc are hot, we separated the MC from the booster, caliper still sticking.
    6. Bled from the MC itself (while separated from booster). caliper lets loose of the wheels and can be rotated w/o much effort ...

during cold start, the brake pedals seems normal. after a few minutes of idle and normal driving. pedals becomes hard.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    double check mo yung brake caliper at piston cup baka may scouring na due to corrosion kaya di na bumabalik, dapat kasi smooth ang bore ng brake caliper at yung piston cup, flash out mo rin brake fluid...

10. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Ask your mechanic if the repair kit he used is identical to the one he took out. Ask him also if he adjusted the pushrod in front of the hydrovac. If he did this things, you have to redo the repair. By experience with many cars of different brands, once you touch the adjustment of the said pushrod, you mess up your brake system. Few mechanics truly understand the physics of the hydrovac-brakemaster setup. The usual scenario is like this: they take out the leaking old repair kit, send their "boy" to the nearest suking auto supply and buy the replacement repair kit. If the most identical repair kit is unavailable they buy the "nearest" identical kit to save time then do the "patch-up" job back in their talyer ( this is where the unwanted adjustments are done). This is also the start of your headache...

Also if your front wheels stick again, just release the bleeder plug on your caliper to relieve the unwanted pressure. With your predicament it is not advisable to bleed your brakemaster as this can introduce unwanted air packets in your system thereby compounding your problem further...

Scored brake cylinders will not give you sticking brakes on both wheels simultaneously. I doubt this, since you mentioned earlier that you cleaned and changed(?) the caliper kit.....

Cheers!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast