New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Guys i don't know much about tires so i hope you guys could tell me the pros and cons of what i just did.

I recently (few hours ago) changed the tires of my Gen2 Crv. I got Good Year FORTEZA tires. They look noticably bigger than my stock. So what are the pros and cons of what i just did?

I have noticed that ride height has increased by i guess 2-3 inches and the ride itself got smoother.

Will my bigger tires affect my fuel consumption?

Hope you guys could help me out. Thanks.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by bougartt
    i don't think so...

maybe if kulang/ sobra sa hangin yung gulong... it will affect your fuel consumption.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Bigger=heavier=higher fuel consumption due to weight

Bigger=larger diameter=lower engine speed=lower fuel consumption due to lower engine speed during cruising

=...konti lang diprensiya siguro... :D ...maybe 5% or less towards the negative, but livable if you keep your pressures normal/high.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by bougartt
    Guys i don't know much about tires so i hope you guys could tell me the pros and cons of what i just did.

I recently (few hours ago) changed the tires of my Gen2 Crv. I got Good Year FORTEZA tires. They look noticably bigger than my stock. So what are the pros and cons of what i just did?

I have noticed that ride height has increased by i guess 2-3 inches and the ride itself got smoother.

Hope you guys could help me out. Thanks.
    baka Goodyear FORTERA, not FORTEZA.

and are your sure your ride height increased by 2-3inches? that's a very big increase. check the size of your new tires sa sidewall para malaman natin kung talagang mas malaki nga yung tires na nabili mo.
    Signature

5. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Shifting from standard to bigger tires means increasing engine load and therefore reducing fuel efficiency.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Sir Boybi yeah FORTERA pala ooops my bad. yep sir very noticable yung size difference ng tires eh. from a 96 naging 100.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    what do you mean by "from 96 naging 100"? have you checked on the tire size printed on the side?
    Signature

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi
    what do you mean by "from 96 naging 100"? have you checked on the tire size printed on the side?
    baka yung kapal ng goma ang sinasabi nya... (width x aspect ratio).

9. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Old Bridgestone - 205/70R15 96t

Goodyear Fortera - 225/70R15 100s

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    1" lang ang difference sa height ng old and new tires mo. up to 1.5" siguro ang difference if we consider na gasgas na yung old tires mo.

yung 96T and 100S is the speed rating of your tires and have no relation to the size of your tires.
    Signature

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Tires