New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Hello All,

i bought some tires about a month ago (just some cheap Wan Li's), one of which i discovered to have fully deflated this week, could be as early as Monday pa. The tire shop tells me this is because of a leaky valve(pito).

Now i read somewhere here on tsikot that leaving a tire in a deflated state, while attached to the car, can warp it. Is one week enough to have warped it beyond repair/use?

Kainis, All because i forgot to have the pito replaced :p

2. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by badkuk View Post
    Hello All,

i bought some tires about a month ago (just some cheap Wan Li's), one of which i discovered to have fully deflated this week, could be as early as Monday pa. The tire shop tells me this is because of a leaky valve(pito).

Now i read somewhere here on tsikot that leaving a tire in a deflated state, while attached to the car, can warp it. Is one week enough to have warped it beyond repair/use?

Kainis, All because i forgot to have the pito replaced :p
    Pa-inflate mo muna tapos pa-check mo then ipa-wheel balance mo din kung halata yung difference imho.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    have it dismounted. then have it inspected for visible "cracks" inside and out. if it looks good, re-mount and inflate and use. kung otso na ay malalaman mo. you can feel it and maybe even hear it.
    good luck.