New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Hi guys,

One of my front tires got a crack that opened up quite significantly. Kinda scary to drive actually. Baka biglang sumabog yung tire.

Would it be ok to replace just one tire?

My current setup is 205's in the front and 215's at the rear, all GT radial brand. That's already how it is when I bought my Vitara.

Any suggestions?

TIA.

/Kenn

2. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Better to replace as soon as possible, it's ok to replace one tire if the other tire in front is still in good condition. replace it with the same series.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    so same brand na lang sir? BTW, I live in Las Pinas. Would you know of recommended tire shops in this area?

4. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Ok kung the same brand pwede din hindi, for example, kung yung series or specs ng gulong mo sa kabila eh 205/70/16, ganun din ang ipalit mo para balance, bsta yung harap parehas, wala ko idea bro diyan sa las pinas, better to canvas 2-3shop na makita mo diyan and then compare mo na lang yung prices

5. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    copr sir. thanks!

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ideally dapat dalawa na palitan mo...

7. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Ideally, both front or both rear (as the case may be) should be replaced. However, if the other tire still has about 80% tread life, you can get away with just replacing one tire.

Tire compound and tread pattern can have an effect on drive-ability. Because of this, both tires should be of the same make, model and dimension. It's typically not wise to use a different brand or model of tire even if it's of the same dimension.

tire replacement question