New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    how can we know na di expired ang gulong na binibili natin?
    saan tinitignan ang exp. date?

delikado pla mga segunda mano.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    A friend send me this one.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I m going to teach you how to check your car tire's to see if its
    expire!! The date your car tire are manufacture and the date of expire is only 5 years. I know alot of people will say that 5 years ah, my tire already botak loh! Yes, its true. But what if your newly bought tire that have a life of only one month to expire? How are you going to check, whether the tire mechanic is bluffing you. Now, go to your car tire and check for this sign:

( *2603* ) the asterik is at the begining and the end of this number. The first two number 26 means the number of weeks in that year it manufacture, ( one year have 52 weeks, remember)
    The last two number is the year its manufacture.
    The above 2603 show that the tire's are manufacture in the 26 weeks of year 2003.
    *2699*
    This number show that this tire's are manufacture in the 26 weeks of year 1999.

If your are going for a long distance journey, do check all your tires for your own and your dearest passenger safety.
    Expired tire are bound to be exploded if its run on a hot weather,
    because
    the car tires rubber and the inner layer are starting to crack up.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Originally posted by 20vanda01
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I m going to teach you how to check your car tire's to see if its
    expire!! The date your car tire are manufacture and the date of expire is only 5 years. I know alot of people will say that 5 years ah, my tire already botak loh! Yes, its true. But what if your newly bought tire that have a life of only one month to expire? How are you going to check, whether the tire mechanic is bluffing you. Now, go to your car tire and check for this sign:

( *2603* ) the asterik is at the begining and the end of this number. The first two number 26 means the number of weeks in that year it manufacture, ( one year have 52 weeks, remember)
    The last two number is the year its manufacture.
    The above 2603 show that the tire's are manufacture in the 26 weeks of year 2003.
    *2699*
    This number show that this tire's are manufacture in the 26 weeks of year 1999.

If your are going for a long distance journey, do check all your tires for your own and your dearest passenger safety.
    Expired tire are bound to be exploded if its run on a hot weather,
    because
    the car tires rubber and the inner layer are starting to crack up.
    ganoon pala iyon iniisip ko nga kung saan makikita ang expiry ng mga gulong eh.

doon lang pala, universal ba ito i mean standard ng lahat ng tire manufacturer ang pag stamp nila ng exiry date?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    qman, check your tires out. kung meron, i guess its standard btw, i cant wait to check mine out later.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Originally posted by 20vanda01

wow thanks a big help, does it applies with mud/all terrain?

kasi parang mas matagal mapudpud mga to :D

yung 31 bfg A/T ko may kuntil parin for 3yrs :D daily driven for 30kms and sometimes offroad

buti nalang nabenta na hehe

thanks again :D :D :D

ps: parang nakakatulong din yata yung tire black , kaya lang pag misan yung other side di nalalagyan hehe

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ...as it turns out, its not standard.

pero look for a number in between (* *) yung last 2 digits yung year of manufacture. This number is between two "spikes" which resemble the head of philips screwdrivers. Sa officemate ko 00 nakalagay, his is a 2000 RAV4. Mine says 02.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    on my tire, it is marked *01*. so i guess ok pa gamitin until 2006, pero baka naman bago abutin ang 2006, pudpud na ang gulong ko nun

8. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by 20vanda01 View Post
    on my tire, it is marked *01*. so i guess ok pa gamitin until 2006, pero baka naman bago abutin ang 2006, pudpud na ang gulong ko nun
    Tire has individually engrave manufactured date example "0806" 08-means 8 weeks 06-2006. Tire was manufactured 8 weeks of 2006 (Feb 2006).
    Expiration is 4 years from the date manufactured. After 4 years tires must be replace to avoid problem. I don't know why DTI doesn't imposed penalty for those store selling expired tire since it is unsafe.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    I have a friend whose tires are already 7 years old. Maalaga sa sasakyan at maski 7 years old na iyong tires nya di mo makikitang pudpod na pudpod kasi lagi itong nirorotate at chinecheck / repair ang camber. Question is kailangan pa rin bang palitan ang gulong nya maski hindi pa ito nasisira. Take note pagtitignan mo gulong nya parang bago pa rin at makapal na makapal pa ang threads.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by froshie1 View Post
    I have a friend whose tires are already 7 years old. Maalaga sa sasakyan at maski 7 years old na iyong tires nya di mo makikitang pudpod na pudpod kasi lagi itong nirorotate at chinecheck / repair ang camber. Question is kailangan pa rin bang palitan ang gulong nya maski hindi pa ito nasisira. Take note pagtitignan mo gulong nya parang bago pa rin at makapal na makapal pa ang threads.
    Tol depende rin sa gumagamit ng sasakyan iyong sa akin mas matagal pa riyan at dito lang sa malapit pang service ginagamit ang sasakyan hindi ko pa rin pinapalitan dahil makapal pa naman thread .Kung safety reason ang gusto mo me paraan pa palagyan mo na lang ng interior sa loob parang bago ulit goma mo .

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Tire me expiry?