New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    I got my Pirellis sa Banawe.. Yung P400 na 186/65R14 cost me less than P2000 each (mga 1 year ago). Try mo sa Ben's OK yata yun.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    For a Lancer, stick to 195-55R15... 50 series tires might be too small.

So far the best bang for the buck for me are the Dunlop LM702s since they are on the cheaper side when i ask around and they give good day-to-day performance. Some peeps complained of bukol in the older 701s but our before lasted over 50K in the mileage useage with no such problems.

The Bridgestone G3's seem to be quite OK i heard.

If i'm thinking of performance, directional tires would be my choice. You can still use non-directional tires for a spare. The main problem i think with a directional tire mounted the wrong way is if you run on the wet...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    any feedback for LM702?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    there's a small section on the LM702 here which states its improvements over the 701:

http://www.stuckey.com.au/new/roadtyre.htm

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    As far as non-directional tires, wala na yatang ganun sa high-performance tires.

WOW! Premier Ultra High-Perf pala ang AVS-ES100 ko :lol:

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by hagiber
    Besides, ang dami kong nakikita na mga directional tires mounted backwards.... this is a big safety problem. Not only will the tires wear out much faster pero baka biglang bumigay at speed. Nondirectional tires eliminate this risk.

Depende naman sa nag mount kung baligtad yung paglagay. No offense, pero an-tanga naman nun kung di nya mapansin na iba ang ingay at pag response ng sasakyan nya. That person needs to get educated about tures, IMHO. May nakikita ka talagang ganito? baligtad ang pagkalagay?? I know I did it once by accident, pero after driving away from my garage, napansin ko agad na nag wiggle ang steering wheel. If this was a SAFETY PROBLEM, then hindi na sana naimbento ang directional tires. :confused: So, the PROBLEM lies on the people who installed them backwards :lol: the problem is not CAUSED by the TIRE Design.

As for me, DIRECTIONAL siempre. Why? They are designed to reduce the possibility of hydroplaning etc...
    Unidirectional tread pattern
    Designed to rotate in only one direction, unidirectional tires enhance straight-line acceleration by reducing rolling resistance. The also provide shorter stopping distance. Unidirectional tires must be dedicated to a specific side of the vehicle. Care must be taken when rotating unidirectional tires to ensure that the repositioned tire rotates in the correct direction.
    vinj, you are right, you can still use a symmetrical and asymmetrical tire for spare use along with the unidirectional.

Again, mounting the unidirectional tire the wrong way shouldnt be a problem in the first place. if the owner knows how unidirectional tires should be installed and how it works. Unidirectional tire is not the problem, the problem is the owner who doesnt know what the heck is going on :lol:

IMHO and no offense

7. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Originally posted by vinj
    For a Lancer, stick to 195-55R15... 50 series tires might be too small.

So far the best bang for the buck for me are the Dunlop LM702s since they are on the cheaper side when i ask around and they give good day-to-day performance. Some peeps complained of bukol in the older 701s but our before lasted over 50K in the mileage useage with no such problems.

The Bridgestone G3's seem to be quite OK i heard.

If i'm thinking of performance, directional tires would be my choice. You can still use non-directional tires for a spare. The main problem i think with a directional tire mounted the wrong way is if you run on the wet...
    Nagcanvass ako before ng mga tires: Potenza, toyo, falken, dunlop. Yung dunlop medyo in between in terms of presyo. Dunlop nalang kinuha ko kasi bagong labas nun yung LM702.

8. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Agree ako kay Karding that the unidrectional tires (per se) are not a safety problem, its how people use them. Its the same thing with knives and cars :-).

Napanpansin ko na baligtad yung pag mount normally sa mga stop lights. I have a habit sometimes while waiting for the light to turn green to check out what tires other people are using.

Agree din ako na medyo tanga siguro yung hindi nakakapansin na baligtad yung gulong but you'd probably be surprised to know na madaming tanga sa mga kalye nang metro manila :-)

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yung iba.. nde talaga alam na mali ang mounting.... at first siguro nung binili ok naman ang pagkakamount... but the mentality of rotationg the tires (they probably got used to teh cross-rotation) still exist among other people... ayun.. baligtad...

may nakausap ako dati na ganyan.. pinuna ko yung gulong.. sabi nya.. "ows? baligtad ba? kapaparotate ko lang kasi nyan eh.." ayun!!....so sometimes, owner ignorance na lang talaga.. .ehehe

10. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    anybody knows where to buy cheap tires (brand new) whats the best brand? for city driving....

Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
The Tire / Gulong Thread [Merged]