New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Yes, there are many good brands out in the market today such as Michelin, Goodyear, Pirelli, Bridgestone, Dunlop, etc... But remember that every brand has both good and bad tire models.

May mga okay na Goodyear tires and may mga bad na Michelin tires for example. When I was in the market for new tires, I found the tire review section at www.tirerack.com to be very helpful.

Yung pinili ko in the end was the Pirelli P400. It's cheaper than the NCT3 nang goodyear but outclassed it in every category (dry traction, wet traction, durability, noise, etc).

Yung gusto ko sanang bilin was the Michelin X1 but nobody seems to be selling it here sa Philippines.

ano the best for 215/45/17? balak ko palit size ng gulong at wheels eh. Currently in using 195/60/15 H rating na Bridgestone Turanza SS50

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Anybody here using Yoko ES100?

How's the noise?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    artpogi, Im using a Yokohama AVS-ES100 more quiter than Falken. I used to run with Falken ZIEX but maingay ang madaling maupod...madulas pa.

phillipogi, biased ako so I'd say Yokohama AVS-ES100 :p If I could only afford the Yokohama Parada Spec 2 when I got my new set of wheels, I would have gotten those instead.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    stay away from NCT3s

Bridgestone Potenza G3 has good reviews.

sidenote about tires..

ano preference nyo? Directional o non-directional tires? and why?

6. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    In my case, Nondirectional syempre :-)

Its more practical since you only have to carry one spare tire. If you get a flat on the left side or right side you can use the spare. Kung directional ka, you may have to unmount the tire from the wheel ,remount and rebalance it. Hassle.

Besides, ang dami kong nakikita na mga directional tires mounted backwards.... this is a big safety problem. Not only will the tires wear out much faster pero baka biglang bumigay at speed. Nondirectional tires eliminate this risk.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    phillipogi,

try mo mag upgrade to 225/45/17...mas ok ang traction and mas makapal ang sidewall for better protection sa rims mo

meron pa bang available na high-performance tires na non-directional?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    may point ka dun hagiber... i have directional tires right now... might have to buy non-directional next time... though my spare tire is mounted on a steel rim (hence iba talaga gulong ko dito...eheheh..)... for the same reason you pointed out.

wala na atang non-directional na hi-perf tires.. H-rated na ata ang pinakamataas. not sure though.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by hagiber
    Yes, there are many good brands out in the market today such as Michelin, Goodyear, Pirelli, Bridgestone, Dunlop, etc... But remember that every brand has both good and bad tire models.

May mga okay na Goodyear tires and may mga bad na Michelin tires for example. When I was in the market for new tires, I found the tire review section at www.tirerack.com to be very helpful.

Yung pinili ko in the end was the Pirelli P400. It's cheaper than the NCT3 nang goodyear but outclassed it in every category (dry traction, wet traction, durability, noise, etc).

Yung gusto ko sanang bilin was the Michelin X1 but nobody seems to be selling it here sa Philippines.

hagiber, pirelli cheaper than the NCT3? magkano exactly tsaka saan? magpapalit na rin kasi ako ng tires eh.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pipol, eto mukang ok bgo ng yokohama.

Yokohama launches ‘AVS deciBel’ silent tire

If you crave high-performance grip and stability in a tire but loathe the noise from aggressive tread patterns and special compounds, Yokohama may have the tire for you with its new AVS deciBel lineup.

The latest addition to the premium AVS product range, deciBel was conceived by engineering Yokohama’s Advanced Vehicle System technologies and focusing on producing one of the quietest tires in the market today.

Designed as a low-noise, all-around tire, deciBel (or simply "dB") features Noise Simulation Technology, a unique tread pattern designed with five-pitch variation to minimize hammering tire noise, and tread blocks to suppress noises generated by tire wear.

A new Silica Tread Compound featuring Yokohama’s proprietary "Zeruma" processing agent disperses silica consistently for optimum grip in both wet and dry conditions. Four straight and wide grooves are also incorporated to minimize aquaplaning.

As part of Yokohama’s premiere AVS lineup, the deciBel is available in 15- to 18-inch diameters, 35- to 65-series aspect ratios, and "V" (maximum of 240 kph) up to "Y" (maximum of 300 kph) speed ratios. 205/55R16 tires up to 265/35R18 models also come with Rim Protector bars. Prices range from P5,900 for the smallest 195/65R15 95V all the way to P14,700 for the 235/40R18 91Y.

Yokohama Rubber Co. Ltd. of Japan recently announced that its Philippine tire manufacturing and marketing subsidiary would upgrade its facilities to boost production beginning April. By the end of 2003, annual capacity will expand from two million units to 2.5 million at a cost of around two billion yen.

Production of 16-inch and larger high-performance passenger car and recreational vehicle tires will be stepped up for growing international demand. It is expected that 30 percent of production by year’s end will be composed of the 16-inch and larger models.

About 90 percent of Yokohama Tire Phils.’ output is exported to Europe, the Middle East and other ASEAN nations with the balance for the after-market and Japanese automakers in the Philippines.

Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
The Tire / Gulong Thread [Merged]