New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Hey,

I'm just curious about something, like what do we Have to do when our tire burst in the middle of the road, and the car acceleration speed is above 100 at our speedometer?

What is the Best & Safest Way to do so as not to create collision or making our car hit another object???

Please kindly share naman...

2. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    all i know is that never press the brakes and let the car roll to a stop.
    im not sure now, coz the cars have EBD so it might compensate for the wheel brakeforce of the tire that bursted..

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by Paulo
    Hey,

I'm just curious about something, like what do we Have to do when our tire burst in the middle of the road, and the car acceleration speed is above 100 at our speedometer?

What is the Best & Safest Way to do so as not to create collision or making our car hit another object???

Please kindly share naman...
    Years and years ago, I was driving at 130kph from Bulacan to Manila and traffic was very very light. Suddenly the car twisted and for a split second started to point to the right as I felt something "exploded" to my rear and right side.

I assumed my right tire blew out.

First came to my mind, get the car back into a controlled condition. I didn't want to use my brakes too much because I didn't know the condition of my tires at this point. Since I had a lot of room to slow down and/or maneuver, I initially kept my foot on the gas pedal in the same position as before the tire blew.

As I felt the car settle down into a "controlled" attitude, I felt the steering pulling to the right. I opted for light engine braking in slowing the car down from 130kph and shifted thru the gears as I slowed down.

At 40kph, I hit the brakes and turned the car to stop at the graveled side of the road and got out to inspect what happened.

BTW, I was driving a 1992 Nissan Sentra 1.6 with the stock 13inch mags and matching factory supplied sime darby tires.

The right rear tire was the cause but curiously it was still on my wheel and standing with pressure. The thread or belt of the tire peeled off at 130kph and felt like an explosion. In fact I could see the part of the thread that came off a good distance behind me.

So I ended up changing tires with my spare. A couple of days later I replaced my 13s with 15s. Never happened to me again.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    so.. pangit pala ang so small tires?.hehehe

5. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    mas mahirap controlin kung ang nagburst na tire ay sa harap... kung sa likod medyo madali pa eh

6. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    ok. here is what i would do if in any case it happens to me. i'll let the car coast to side (whichever side), then gently decelerate until i reach the shoulder or road side. it is a big NO-NO to step on the brakes! which is the usual reflex of an average driver. it would only cause the car to trip, thus, making it roll. if worst case, it can be fatal. anyway, a friend of mine, nagkaroon ng ibang case naman. while travelling at 120 km, natanggal ang gulong niya. buti na lang maluwag ang daan kaya hidi naman siya na-paano. bizaare!

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    May nangyari na rin sa akin na ganito that was during Summer of year 2000 sa highway papuntang Alaminos dun sa dati kong sasakyan. Mabilis ang takbo ng sasakyan ko noon (110kph +) dahil medyo naiwan ako sa convoy noon. Suddenly naramdaman kong medyo lumulundo yung right rear portion ng oto at medyo nangangamoy sunog na goma, yun pala unti unti nang nabiyak yung right rear tire ko, ang ginawa ko ay medyo unti unti ko lang inapakan yung brake pedal hanggang sa tuluyan nang huminto yung sasakyan. Nung bumaba ako ng sasakyan nakita ko na lampas 1/4 pala ang naging biyak nung goma ko Siguro dahil na rin sa sobrang init ng kalsada noon, medyo constant na mabilis na takbo at dahil na rin siguro hindi suitable for hot climate yung goma ko (Pirelli P5000), after nun palit lahat ako goma to Dunlop

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i agree with all of them.

about six years ago, my rear tire blew out while i was going down south to canlubang, in my singkit, travelling at around 100 kph.

eh medyo nagpanic ako, and jammed on the brakes, ang nangyari is my car went 360. buti na lang alang kasunod sa likod, kundi dinampot na rin ako sa kangkungan.

what i should have done is what ghosthunter did. gradual braking. ang inisip ko kasi nun is ayaw kong ma-oblong yung mags ko eh....which almost cost me my life...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ako rin sa NLEX sumabog yung rear tire ko sa may San Simon... ayun I just braked gradually and parked at the shoulder.

13" rin yung stock ng rolla GL noon. mabagal naman takbo ko nun around 90-100kph. sabog talaga yung goma kinain nung rim nung nagrunflat. baka yung mga ganitong tires since lower rating kayamadali sumabog. yung mga 15" tires and above usually V rated tires na

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    my experience naman, driving a L300 van sa NLEX sa bridge na mahaba sa candaba.
    the rear tire burst at 80kph, hawak lang ako mabuti sa manubela at itinabi na lang sa shoulder nung malapit na huminto.

napansin ko lang sa manila-bound na tulay na yun sa candaba, parang taas-baba ang sasakyan while cruising at high speed??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Tire Bursting...What Do We Do?