New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Hello everyone.

Our 1995 lancer EL has a 205/50R15 86V GT Champiro tire. That is almost a new tire attached already when we purchased it last August 2010.

Since the car is a manual steering, I find the tires quite a bit heavy on the momo steering wheel. As per comparing it in the 1010tires website, I intend to replace or swap it to a 185/55R15 tire. Although a 195/50R15 is the closest match from the stock tire of 155/R13S, I am more inclined of settling with the 185/55R15.

My concerns are:

- Not much after the design or looks of the tire.
    - While the 205/50R15 is good on the road on long driving, it is quite hard on city driving.
    - The car is seldom used it was just used before for fetching our child to school every morning and occasional trip to the supermarket once or twice a month..
    - I drive the car slow, average of 60kph maximum of around 90-100kph. I am worried of speed driving.
    - The wider tire is a bit high on fuel consumption as per my assumption.
    - The car as to for its tire is just used as a basic mode of transportation.
    - I don't intend to used either the stock tire size for i find it too much narrow.
    - The car now is just parked at our carport, my wife cannot drive and I am out of the country.

With the above statements, either i sell or swap the said tire. If I am to sell the tires only, how much do you think is the amount I can sell the said tire? I am willing to swap the tire or even including the rim with a specification of 185/55R15.

Any inputs, comments, suggestions is highly appreciated. Thank you.

tire-front-left | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Dont know how to post picture. kindly help.
    Last edited by gsm; July 30th, 2011 at 05:55 PM. Reason: spelling

2. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    If you are going to swap your tire with a different one most probably it would be bought cheap by the tire shops. But if you are going to swap it with the rims included you can still sell it for 4k. Provided that you would buy new set if rims and tires.

Tire: 205/50R15 GT