New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    car is civic esi 93

front shock absorbers are busted. rear shock absorbers, i am not sure.

the rear part looks lower than the front. when the car has 2 rear passengers, the muffler (or something underneath the car) easily hits road humps. the shocks bottom out with 4 passengers plus loaded trunk compartment.

I'll probably change the shocks (it's been 4 years).

Is it time to change the rear coils springs also?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    better, kung mahina na o malambot na yung rear coils mo, yun ang nagiging cause ng unbalanced/uneven look.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I'd replace everything at the same time.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    I'd replace everything at the same time.
    ^ That, and it should be done by a reputable shop. Casa is best especially when installing genuine OEM parts.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Actually, there are good outside shops. Casas aren't really much different from outside shops, and there's no reason to pay extra unless your car is still under warranty or you need your ECU scanned for fault codes.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Where can I buy a set of rear coil springs?

A local shop here in Laguna quoted Php1,900 per piece of KYB. Based on my recent price check on the net, it is not a bad price.

However, I am not sure if I can find coil springs here.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by fourtheboys96 View Post
    Where can I buy a set of rear coil springs?

A local shop here in Laguna quoted Php1,900 per piece of KYB. Based on my recent price check on the net, it is not a bad price.

However, I am not sure if I can find coil springs here.
    bro, nung nagpalit ako nung springs nung lancer ko (from putol kasi to stock), i got mine at minerva tire gallery for 700 pesos each. same ride as stock.

i think minerva has some branch there in muntinlupa near san pedro.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    They have a branch along the national highway in the San Pedro - Muntinlupa area, and another one in Binan, Laguna. Good place. Used to be Servitek. Used to go there all the time for my maintenance (with my out-of-warranty cars) and I still go there for alignment, as I prefer their alignment work to the casa.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    They have a branch along the national highway in the San Pedro - Muntinlupa area, and another one in Binan, Laguna. Good place. Used to be Servitek. Used to go there all the time for my maintenance (with my out-of-warranty cars) and I still go there for alignment, as I prefer their alignment work to the casa.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Sir Niky

Do you have still have their number, ( Minerva at Napocor Binan ), I need to inquire about their tire prices

Regards

Is it time for a new rear coil springs?