New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    What can you guys say about Tein shocks and springs? Does anyone here use this? There's a coilover made specific for B14 Sentras, it even has an EDFC (Electronic Damping Force Control) option. Check it out at this site...

http://www.tein.com/ssdamp.html

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    TEIN is very good. They control the majority of the aftermarket suspension industry in Japan, about 90% since its the only product they make, and are OE suppliers for many Group-N (showroom-based cars) teams in the WRC and Asia Pacific Rally Championship.

I've tried the TEIN HA, and the riding comfort is actually pretty good. This is the entry-level coil-over.

Another benefit is that ALL TEIN models are supposedly rebuildable, something the other Japanese coil-over companies don't offer in their coil-overs.

I'll be able to try a TEIN RA soon, its meant for entry-level racing.

IMHO if you don't plan to race or use the car occasionally on the track, coil-overs are overkill.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yup Teins are off the hook but expensive though , oh well you get what you pay for .

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hmm... kasi I have heard of 3 (count 'em, 3) guys who have used Tein HAs on their cars, and had them busted after a few days or weeks... Di ko lang alam kung hinarabas nila o hindi, but still, 3 out of 3? I wanted to get the Tein SS sana e... Thans for the feedback...

Anybody else who uses or at least tried driving a car equipped with Teins?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Well, baka ginamit yung HA sa rally! Seriosuly, I've never heard of any coil-over shock failing if used in its as stated or recommended usage. In my friend's Evo 5, he's been using 2nd hand TEINs for about 2 months and have gone through 2 trackdays and 3 funruns and so far its OK pa naman. Of course when he ogt it OK pa siya diba? Kasi kung hindi, he wouldn't have gotten them at all. (DUH!)

Baka yung pillow-ball mounts ang nasira since its metal-to-metal contact palagi.

If so, ALL coil-overs have a tendency to mess up their pillow-balls in a short period of time.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    TEIN is one of the best if not THE best manufacturer of performance suspension kits in japan! (not to mention in the world... correct me if i'm wrong nalang )

a complete suspension kit from TEIN would probably set you back around 80k at the very least... damn! sakit sa bulsa hehe! :mrgreen:

peace!
    8)

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Nag leak daw yung shocks mismo e... Anyway, baka nga ginamit sa Paris-Dakkar Rally...

The Tein SS coilovers cost 1200 dollars... Mahal no? Pag gusto mo ng EDFC add 400 dollars more...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Baka pinalipad yung TEIN! Tama lang 1200 US para dun. IMHO I wouldn;t get the electronic control unit for the dampers, one more thing to short out and break down.

Have you thought of getting DMS / PROFLEX / OHLINS? You are close to that level of spending on the suspension anyway. 1,500 US and up. Pwde customized damper valving and spring rates. With or without tender springs and pillow-ball mounts.

These are the best, no doubt! Ask any professional racer.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    if tein is "the best" how come almost all rally teams use ohlins/drummond/proflex?

i believe the leaky teins were confirmed by someone very reliable. its entirely possible that their suspension systems don't stand up well to our local driving conditions.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Meron bang Ohlins coilovers for B14 Sentras?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Tein suspensions