New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    I have my carens delivered on Jan. 15, its a manual transmission. My km reading is 270 km.This is my 3rd day to use it. Today I drove it to Cavite. I passed by portion of rough road, I noticed the large thump sound of coming either from the suspension or the tire is unusually loud compared with my other car. My tire pressure is 32 psi. May I ask other carens owner is this normal. Please enlighten me.
    One more thing is that in 1st gear especially when climbing uphill,the clutch somewhat slided, the engine vibrate like its gonna have a hard time going up or is it that I step on the clutch too much not accustomed to it yet. or is this normal during break in period.

2. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by wiper View Post
    I have my carens delivered on Jan. 15, its a manual transmission. My km reading is 270 km.This is my 3rd day to use it. Today I drove it to Cavite. I passed by portion of rough road, I noticed the large thump sound of coming either from the suspension or the tire is unusually loud compared with my other car. My tire pressure is 32 psi. May I ask other carens owner is this normal. Please enlighten me.
    One more thing is that in 1st gear especially when climbing uphill,the clutch somewhat slided, the engine vibrate like its gonna have a hard time going up or is it that I step on the clutch too much not accustomed to it yet. or is this normal during break in period.
    No this has nothing to do during break in. Remember, any car (engine)that has been out from the manufacturer are all been tested and run.

If that thumb is much louder than normal, engine vibrate like lossing power maybe something wrong with the car, probably a LEMON. Before bringing back to the dealer and state your problem to theme have somebody test drive your car I mean a good driver w/ long experience. The best area to test your car is uphill in this case you will find out if your car is mechanically in excelent condition.

This is how you do.
    Stop your car in an uphill area shift in first gear then drive. This you will know right away if your car have problem or not.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by wiper View Post
    Hmmm ,unusual thumping sound nga yan, sa akin parang wala naman akong naririnig coming from my suspension pag dumaan sa rough road, have it check sa kia service center, as for the gear, sorry i drove an a/t, baka yung ibang tsikoteers who owns a m/t can answer your question.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    If you're passing a rough road, thumping may mean that the suspension has bottomed out over a particularly deep rut.

As for the sliding clutch, is your unit a CRDi? Was your foot fully off the clutch going uphill?

Take note, that the CRDi, unlike older TDCis, does not make a whole lot of torque under 2000 rpm. If you're going uphill, rev it to at least 2500 rpm.

If your unit is under 1000 kms, any clutch issues should be warranty-covered.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Take note, that the CRDi, unlike older TDCis, does not make a whole lot of torque under 2000 rpm. If you're going uphill, rev it to at least 2500 rpm.

Thanks for the information, I will try to press the accelerator deeper next time. With
    regards to the suspension i will observe further before going to Kia.

With regards to the first check up will it be on 1tkm or 5dt km. Because my SA tell me its 5tkm for the first check up.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    If you have issues regarding the clutch, better to take it in before that, so that your observations are on record. If you wait too long, they might not fix any transmission issues under warranty.

See, your standard warranty includes many hidden limitations (don't worry, all manufacturers do this)... it does not specify the length of the warranty for individual components... which means your 60,000 or 100,000 kilometer warranty only covers things like the engine internals, body integrity, etcetera up to 100,000 kms. Other items, like your clutch and suspension, are considered "wear" items. I'm pretty sure they'll cover them within 1000 kms, but to be sure, observe, and take it in right away if there really is a problem.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    thanks for your suggestions Niky. My suspension seems to be okay now, when I double check the tire pressure, it is over 32 psi. With regards to the clutch problem, I presssed my accelerator deeper and it improve a lot. Thanks all of you for your suggestion.

suspension sounds of carens