New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    I am contemplating in buying fluid shocks for the family van... Was thinking if it can make the ride really plush? Like Starex... a little floaty... Do I still need to put better springs on it? TIA!

Btw, the van is a classic Toyota Liteace...
    iam3739.com

2. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    my old econovan when I got it are all on fluid shocks and the ride is really bumpy and harsh. I replaced all 4 shocks with gas filled, and I never regret
    it.

3. Join Date
    May 2007
    fluid shock is nice but, this would not advisable kung maraming rough road, pot hole dahil madaling masira. This is very very good kung ang kalsada ay maganda at kung may kunting un-even ang surface road.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    you might not get it to ride exactly like the starex since they are based on different platforms.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Talaga sir speedy?

Ibang weight rin kasi ang Starex noh? Anyway, this will be the least of my priorities... I'm not sure if it's going to ride better kaya I am having doubts...
    iam3739.com

6. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Pardon the intrusion.

Isn't the ride quality more dependent on the SPRINGS rather than the shocks?

I know a few Jazz owners who noticed the skittish, firm ride of the stock car calmed down when they installed lowering springs.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    actually it's a little of both since the springs and shocks work in tandem. if it were just the springs you would be bouncing around everywhere... if it were just the shocks then the car would be so low you could not move it

Suspension Questions