New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I was just wondering if this is included in the PMS sa casa? Kasi after a while parang lumuluwag ang steering ko and when my mechaninc checks sinasabi niya na ok naman ang suspension parts ko. Before, what my mechanic did was just to tighten the bolts of the pitman and idler arm. So, is this included sa PMS? Baka kasi now, tightening lang ang kailangan ko. May inaadjust din kami sa gearbox to tighten the steering but most people I've asked dont recommend it done.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ano pong sasakyan sir?

i remember i saw a PMS job in my car's manual (Honda City 1997) that says: "Tighten Suspension & Body Bolts" which is supposedly done when you bring the car for an 80,000 km. check-up.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Djerms rides a GEN I L200 pick up. :D

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Thanks Otep.

benchph1,
    May nakalagay din na ganyan sa mitsu manual. Anyway, pinacheck ko ulit sa mitsu yung steering ko. Ok naman daw ang suspension parts. They tried to adjust my steering gearbox a bit. Medyo tight naman ang kinalabasan, doesnt return to 12 o'clock after turning. I just had it reset to its original position. Ganun na nga siguro talaga yun.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    every once in a while bolt tightening especially after heavy trailing. though not to torque specs, it gives you the peace of mind that your bolts are not loose.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Where can we go for bolt-tightening? And how much? I have this feeling that the casa almost NEVER does the bolt-tightening work even if its in the manual.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    At PACLEB enterprise in Concepcion Marikina. 250 php. They will tighten all the nuts and bolts that they could see. Libre na pagnagpa wheel alignment ka.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    or your can invest on a torque wrench...and tighten it yourself. Goodones are about P1-2K

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Kia dealers tighten the bolts on my Besta.

Nissan Balintawak also does bolt tightening on brother's Sentra.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

Suspension Parts Tightening (Inputs appreciated)