New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by roky View Post
    Chief,

I have a Honda Civic 1.8S AT and I am experiencing steering wheel vibration when breaking at high speed (140 - 150 kph) which normally doesn't appear when breaking at a lower speed. I have the casa qc technician check it out through a test drive with me 2 days ago. And after experiencing it himself, he concluded that it is just the ABS working. Mga chief; is this correct? Does anyone experience the same vibration when breaking at high speed? Thank you for your replies.
    warped disc or rotor or sometimes they called them parallelism,it refers to variations in thickness of the rotor.you know nobody can detect a warped disc by just watch it and fell it because you cannot really see its thickness variation unless you have a micrometer,then you can tell.this kind of problem appears only during braking at a high speed and you can also feel a brake pulsation at low speed,like 30-50 km/h.im a 100% sure that this is your problem (warped disc),have somebody mic it and resurface it.and heres one thing i want you to know that ABS system has nothing to do with a brake pulsation.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    roky: im sorry, i just wanted to correct my self there, its not a brake pulsation.what i mean to say is abs system has nothing to do with a steering wheel vibration.once again sorry.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    mine starts at 100-105. but if you keep on accelerating and get to 110-120, nawawala naman... so sakin, bawal lang ako sa 100-105.. dapat 115 on the average.. :p

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by roky View Post
    Chief,

I have a Honda Civic 1.8S AT and I am experiencing steering wheel vibration when breaking at high speed (140 - 150 kph) which normally doesn't appear when breaking at a lower speed. I have the casa qc technician check it out through a test drive with me 2 days ago. And after experiencing it himself, he concluded that it is just the ABS working. Mga chief; is this correct? Does anyone experience the same vibration when breaking at high speed? Thank you for your replies.
    Parang ABS yan at work. What type of vibrator este vibration are you experiencing? You feel it sa steering wheel? How about the brake pedal ano reaction? At 140-150 kph how many meters before impact are you braking?
    Last edited by 4JGtootsie; June 29th, 2007 at 01:09 PM.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Hi guys. Ano na ba ang naging solution sa problem na ito? Im also experiencing the same problem. Slight vibration on high speed then mas ramdam na when braking from high speed... No brake pedal vibration... So its not the abs though sira yung sensor ng abs ko.... Driving a lancer ex. Pina wheel balance ko na pala but the vibration problem is still there... If the rotors are warped,what are the possible cause? Thanks

6. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by champ1982 View Post
    Hi guys. Ano na ba ang naging solution sa problem na ito? Im also experiencing the same problem. Slight vibration on high speed then mas ramdam na when braking from high speed... No brake pedal vibration... So its not the abs though sira yung sensor ng abs ko.... Driving a lancer ex. Pina wheel balance ko na pala but the vibration problem is still there... If the rotors are warped,what are the possible cause? Thanks

Warped rotors are best checked when dismantled and turned on a lathe machine and its specs ("straightness") checked with a dial gauge. Causes of warped rotors are aplenty but the most common possible cause lately is probably due to the material used. This maybe partly explained due to mass production...

7. Join Date
    Feb 2013
    still vibrating on high speed... Weird kung warped rotors bakit kahit hindi naman ako naka apak sa brakes nag vavibrate padin? though mas malakas or mas ramdam yung vibration pag umapak ka na ng brakes... Please help...

8. Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Had this on our family's' car a few years back while under warranty.
    Steering wheel shakes while applying the brakes slightly above 100 kmh.
    The cause was warped rotors. ABS only activates at sudden braking, pero kung slight lang, it doesnt.
    And yes, pumapalag yung brake pedal kapag nag activate yung abs.

Causes of warped rotors? I dont have any idea haha. Baka material failure siguro.
    After around 10k kms, we changed the brake pads and ayun, uneven wear.
    Though uneven wear yung brake pads (with new rotors na), no steering wheel vibration is felt at high speed braking.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Sir try nyo rotate yung tires. Yung nasa likod ilagay nyo sa harap and vice versa. Pa wheel balance nyo muna din yung wheels na galing sa likod bago ilagay sa harap. Para ma isolate na hindi yung tires or wheels ang problem. Other possible source of vibration are tie rod ends, ball joints , steering wheel column and wheel bearings.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Ammiel Barlis View Post
    Sir try nyo rotate yung tires. Yung nasa likod ilagay nyo sa harap and vice versa. Pa wheel balance nyo muna din yung wheels na galing sa likod bago ilagay sa harap. Para ma isolate na hindi yung tires or wheels ang problem. Other possible source of vibration are tie rod ends, ball joints , steering wheel column and wheel bearings.
    Sa mga sinabi mo sir any idea alin jan ang pinaka madugo ang gastos? ranges how much kaya??? Thanks

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Steering Wheel Vibration