New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Medyo kinakabahan lang ako and napaparanoid heheh:

My ride is a lynx rs about 3 mos old, i was on my way home malapit na sa bahay, as i was driving along a smooth road, walang lubak or humps pero mejo paliko, nung mejo pinihit ko na yung manibela pakaliwa after nun nagkaroon ng mga ilang seconds na parang ayaw niya bumawi pabalik ng kusa, tapos feeling ko for ilang seconds parang misaligned yung manibela, pero after pagliko ko sa kanan sa street namin bumalik na siya sa ayos...

have you had any experience like this? is this a sign of an impending problem? hindi ko na kasi masyado na test kung ok na talga kasi pinark ko na sa garahe... is there such a thing as a glitch of some sort sa steering? or is there a cause for alarm?

thanks guys, i need you feedback

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    considering brandnew oto mo, I don't think you have a problem. I would believe that what you experienced was the effect of the road (mejo paliko kamo) on the wheels. Since power steering yung ride mo, the wheels "seemed" misaligned sa steering direction.

if you're still praning about it, try to inspect the steering link. trace the route of the manibela from inside the car upto the hood. Check the linkages kung meron "kumalas" na joint (I don't think you'll find any though).

Under the hood and sunod mo na ay ang steering box. Underneath the steering box would be the mechanicals na ng underchasis steering assembly. Check these for "loose" nuts or "kalog" - they are normally tight and could not be shaken by pushing or pulling. One technique that mechanics do is to jack-up the front and try to "shake" the wheels - trying to turn left and right (then up and down) with a jerking motion - to see kung may play...dapat wala.

hth

3. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    ok ill try that, thnks bro

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    road conditions nga lang yan.
    Got Mazda?-http://www.MAZDAtech.org [SIZE="1"]est. 2000[/SIZE]
    got mazda 2? -> mazda2ners

Steering wheel alignment