New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I met an accident last Friday night at around 11:45pm. It was a case of hit and run. At a very high speed, tinamaan yung right passenger door ng pickup. Lukot ang pinto at ang running board but sabi nung repair shop its only minor and can be repaired asap.

My problem is sa steering naman. Upon impact, namiss-align ang steering wheel ko. It turned to the left permanently pero yung takbo ng sasakyan ok naman and walang kabig. What could've been affected? Dyou guys think I have to replace the whole suspension parts like, tie rod ends, stabilizers, etc?

Just wondering if this happened to anyone of you already. Thanks.

By the way, I'll be posting the plate number of the vehicle that hit us and the full story at the Goon Squad. I also need help in tracking down this A$$hole.

Thanks

2. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    had a similar problem with my steering wheel when i hit a big pothole at gilmore. just a alignment of the steering wheel would fix it. included cya sa wheel alignment at casa.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    two things it might be the pit man arm that slipped from the splines or the steering wheel slipped from the splines also. pa re center mo na lang.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    i have a related problem...my tumutunog din sa steering wheel ko..tapos lately, my kalampag na ko naririnig sa car..pinatingin ko na sa casa sabi tire rod/rack ends daw dapat palitan for mga 10k tapos sa shell maya naman, ganun din sabi mga 20k naman estimate pati tune up....ngtanong ako sa mga talyer d2 sa tabi tabi, sabi nila tire boots (tama ba un) lang daw..kailangan lang daw linisin, langisan etc...d daw ako gagastos ng 2000...im confused.

i just acquired my car about 5 months ago and mga 30thou p lang ang mileage..possible bang kelangan na palitan ung mga tire rods etc agad?.....i live in imus, cavite n work in mkati so my alam b kayong malapit sa areas na to? limited lang kasi budget ko so hirap ako magdecide...help...:confused:

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    when i met an accident before sa dagupan (using a 2000 Corolla GLi), na mis-align din yung wheels sa steering. had it aligned sa servitek dun, until we discovered na may tama din yung mga balls and joints. nabungi din yung steering rack and unfortunately, pati yung PS kit, may tagas.

if i were you, i would just have it checked (parang complete suspension check to make sure.

iba-iba kasi ang pwedeng mangyari. it could either be a simple wheel misalignment, or pwede yung parang case na nangyari sa akin.

safety ang nakasalalay dyan, so it pays to be sure. imho.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    san ba ang tama ng car mo? kase un sakin, nabangga ng jeep ung bumper ko...ang lakas talaga & sa impact, nagkadent ng malalim pati sa tagiliran ng kotse. D pa nga narerepair hanggang ngaun.. A few months after, napansin ko na ung ingay sa manibela, kalampag etc...pwede ko kaya iclaim din sa insurance na secondary to the bangga ung mga problem ko with the steering wheel (maingay sya esp pag lumiliko so dapat na daw palitan ung tire rods/rack ends etc sabi sa casa)..or simpleng "wear and tear" na lang un and hindi related sa accident. what do u think?

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    by the way, bumper sa likod ung binunggo sa akin habang nakaparada ako...tapos ung problem ko sa noise sa steering wheel, a few weeks or months ata after ko napansin related kaya un?.kailangan ko din kaya ng complete suspension check na sinasabi mo? :confused:

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by doc_donsky
    san ba ang tama ng car mo? kase un sakin, nabangga ng jeep ung bumper ko...ang lakas talaga & sa impact, nagkadent ng malalim pati sa tagiliran ng kotse. D pa nga narerepair hanggang ngaun.. A few months after, napansin ko na ung ingay sa manibela, kalampag etc...pwede ko kaya iclaim din sa insurance na secondary to the bangga ung mga problem ko with the steering wheel (maingay sya esp pag lumiliko so dapat na daw palitan ung tire rods/rack ends etc sabi sa casa)..or simpleng "wear and tear" na lang un and hindi related sa accident. what do u think?

actually yes. if you can prove to your insurance company that the damage was still caused by the accident.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Thanks sa mga replies mga bossing.

Happy Gilmore,
    Mukhang major accident na yata ang nangyari sayo. I dont think ganun ka-major ang damage nung sakin coz I can still steer it with ease. Yung prob lang talaga is yung alignment nung steering wheel.

I'm due to change my suspension and steering parts naman na so malamang isabay ko na rin.

My pipckup is still at the repair shop in cainta.
    Anyone of you familiar with CAROSELL repair shop? They claim to be expert in collision repairs. Yung shop nila hindi naman mukhang pipitsugin. Owned by Christopher Samson. Matino kausap but I have to see yet the result of their work on my truck.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Mga sirs....ganito din yata yung sa Adventure namin. We got it fairly recently and the misalignment only became quite evident when we got close to home, kasi nag switch kami ng brother in law ko, so ako na yung naka-puna ng off center.

What I've observed is when I center the steering wheel, yung kabig nya is towards the left, in my estimate...at least 3-5 degrees off yung steering wheel to the right...just to go in a straight direction.

How long will it take to get this re-centered by a mechanic?
    Yung unit namin is still under warranty, so plan ko dalhin even prior to our 1k PMS.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Steering system damage