New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    May 2010
    Need help guys, my sentra lec engine's stalling when turning full left or right, By the way this only started when I convert it to Power steering. Anybody experience this on your ride? Thanks for any suggestions that you wanna share.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by amateur37
    Need help guys, my sentra lec engine's stalling when turning full left or right, By the way this only started when I convert it to Power steering. Anybody experience this on your ride? Thanks for any suggestions that you wanna share.
    Overload engine

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Try to rev your engine when making the turn....

14.7K:cow:

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The power steering pump might be too big? ... or rather, check the tension and alignment. If possible, change the pulley size to give the engine more torque advantage.

5. Join Date
    May 2010
    Tension and alignment were in correct order, just don't know if the pump is too big for a ga13 engine. Hmm Maybe I'll try to canvass a bigger pulley that will fit my PS pump.

Forgot to add, all power steering assembly, including pump, reservoir and all hoses came from a b13 eccs super saloon that has a ga16 engine which was parted out.
    Are there any sensor or valve that needed to add to the system?

Did any of you guys knew a shop who's expertise is in power steering? Thanks again.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    On most cars with hydraullic power steering that I've driven, the engine management computer raises the idle RPM when you turn the steering wheel. It takes into account the added load the steering pump is exerting on the engine.

The donor car with the ECCS system, probably did that. The GA13 isn't expecting the pump so it is not compensating for the added load.

7. Join Date
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    On most cars with hydraullic power steering that I've driven, the engine management computer raises the idle RPM when you turn the steering wheel. It takes into account the added load the steering pump is exerting on the engine.

The donor car with the ECCS system, probably did that. The GA13 isn't expecting the pump so it is not compensating for the added load.

that is correct, the car originally equipped with power steering has a pressure switch that gives input to the pcm to raise the engine rpm to compensate for the additional load. the receiving car that was not equipped with power steering do not have this pressure switch in the hi pressure line.

Stalling engine when turning full left or right