New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Not sure what should be done to fix my problem.

Kinakayod ng stab links yung loob ng rims when i turn left sa mga inclined na lugar ( upward) . Consulted service center at Petron Fairview and they recommend putting a spacer para medyo lumabas ang gulong and para di na tumama ang stab links sa rim. They say that camber adjustment won't be an assurance na di na sasayad yung stab links sa rim. But i doubt kung ito talaga ang solution sa car problem ko. Driving pala a 1997 mitsu spacewagon (local).

In it's current state i noticed na yung gulong sa front passenger side is medyo nakalabas but yun sa driver side front ay hindi naman. Don't know which shop to go to have this fixed. Ang nangyayari tuloy if i'm about to turn left and i know na sloping upward yung lilikuan ko, i go to the rightmost lane para di masyadong sharp ang pag-turn ko. Or else kakayod talaga sa inside rims yung stab links.

TIA.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    could it be that the steering rack asm was taken down and when re-installed, was not properly centered with respect to the steering wheel, and rack end adjustment. With the wheels pointing straight ahead, do you have approximately equal lengths of the rack ends
    protruding at both ends?. There is also a stopper or bumper when turning the wheels.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by tip_tipid View Post
    could it be that the steering rack asm was taken down and when re-installed, was not properly centered with respect to the steering wheel, and rack end adjustment. With the wheels pointing straight ahead, do you have approximately equal lengths of the rack ends
    protruding at both ends?. There is also a stopper or bumper when turning the wheels.
    good point tip_tipid. will check if the rack ends are of equal length when the wheels are pointing straight ahead. thanks.