New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    I noticed that my car's steering got heavier and I hear a "squeaking" sound everytime I turn the steering wheel. do you guys have any idea what the real problem is? I'm gonna have it checked soon but I don't know any reliable shops who does great jobs on this. I live in Las Pinas. What shops do you suggest(around las pinas and alabang area)?

2. Join Date
    May 2007
    your steering fluid maybe low. Add if nescessary.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by samejicon View Post
    I noticed that my car's steering got heavier and I hear a "squeaking" sound everytime I turn the steering wheel. do you guys have any idea what the real problem is? I'm gonna have it checked soon but I don't know any reliable shops who does great jobs on this. I live in Las Pinas. What shops do you suggest(around las pinas and alabang area)?

Please check your power steering fan belt, it might be loose. what you have to do is to tighten it.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    is the noise from inside the car or outside? that would be 2 totally different things kasi

5. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by speedyfix View Post
    is the noise from inside the car or outside? that would be 2 totally different things kasi
    it's from the inside. bandang part ng steering wheel. is it possible na dahil may kabig na steering wheel?

6. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by samejicon View Post
    ubos na yung powersteering fluid mo ... or try palitan yung powersteering fluid to a better one .....

check mo kung may powersteeringt fluid ka pa ... kung wala na maytagas na yung rackend pinion mo or yung powersteering hose mo ...

BANAWE AUTO SUPPLY
    regy

7. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    almost same issue here. sorry if maki-ride dito

squeeking when steering. tapos when i open the PS tank, bumubula ang fluid at kulay chokolate na. i add a little until enough level pero ganun padin.

help naman please. thanks

note: if belt yun, san po location?

car: nissan california , converted to PS

8. Join Date
    May 2004
    try replacing and changing the fluid. much better kung ma drain maigi and ma-flushing yung old fluid inside.

squeaking steering