New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Hi everyone. This is my first time to post here and I hope that I could gather inputs regarding my problem. Honestly, I don't have any knowledge with regards to car parts and maintenance that's why I'm asking for any advise. Anyway, my problem is I noticed that there is a squeaky (langitngit) sound in my left rear suspension only when the car is stationary (e.g. pushing the left part of the trunk or alighting from the car). The problem sort of showed after I applied tar cleaner on my mags. Could it be due to this? My car is relatively new (Vios 1.5G 2010, 185/R14 tires, tire pressure is 30 psi). I inspected the underchassis and and didn't noticed any gross problem. I rearranged the trunk and removed some of my heavy stuff. The problem still persists. I hope to hear from you guys. Thanks in advance and more power.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by dekoymd View Post
    Hi everyone. This is my first time to post here and I hope that I could gather inputs regarding my problem. Honestly, I don't have any knowledge with regards to car parts and maintenance that's why I'm asking for any advise. Anyway, my problem is I noticed that there is a squeaky (langitngit) sound in my left rear suspension only when the car is stationary (e.g. pushing the left part of the trunk or alighting from the car). The problem sort of showed after I applied tar cleaner on my mags. Could it be due to this? My car is relatively new (Vios 1.5G 2010, 185/R14 tires, tire pressure is 30 psi). I inspected the underchassis and and didn't noticed any gross problem. I rearranged the trunk and removed some of my heavy stuff. The problem still persists. I hope to hear from you guys. Thanks in advance and more power.
    your rubber bushings might have been soaked with the cleaner(degreaser?). try spraying silicone lubricant to the suspension rubber bushings. just be careful you don't inadvertently spray into the brake friction components

3. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Thanks. I'll try your advise during the weekend.

squeaking sound on the left rear wheel when the car is stationary