New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    [SIZE="4"]Hello Kababayans,
    Totoo po ba na kapag pinalitan mo yung Original Size ng Spring mo sa Lower Spring ay Madaling Masira ang Shock Absorber?
    [/SIZE]

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Depende how much shorter the new springs are. A quarter to half an inch or so isn't really that bad.

Just make sure that the suspension limiter (bumpstops) are the ones that are still limiting suspension travel so that the impact of bottoming out the suspension does not stress the shocks too much. The bumpstops should still be the ones stopping the suspension from compressing too much. Not the shocks.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    depende sa springs if its like 2" lower your shock will not last that long check the spring rate of the lowering springs get the hard one

4. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    agree... pero be sure to cut the bumpstops when lowering to avoid bottoming out too soon.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by speedyfix View Post
    agree... pero be sure to cut the bumpstops when lowering to avoid bottoming out too soon.
    bumpstops? are these the ones which slid through the piston rods of the shocks? for a 97 civic's shocks, the replacement (rubber) bumpstops are divided into 4. how long should be cut off the bumpstops, assuming i'll be lowering my ride 1.5"? 1/2 or 1/4? thanks!

Springs Vs. Shock Absorber