New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Need advise Tsikoters.. Sumasayad yung gulong ko sa rear left fender mostly than the right.. My car is Corolla big body. Ano kaya meron problem.. Spring or Shocks? TIA

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Chawap View Post
    Need advise Tsikoters.. Sumasayad yung gulong ko sa rear left fender mostly than the right.. My car is Corolla big body. Ano kaya meron problem.. Spring or Shocks? TIA
    What did you have done to your car recently? ... did you get new tires, wheels?

3. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    I have just replaced with 15in. rims w/ 195 x 55 series tires. it still have height clearance of about 3.5 in from fender.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    In addition.. my car before was lowered (cut springs front & rear), then restored to stock springs (surplus) and is on stock 14in. rims.. Now, even total 3 persons lang sakay (2 in front + 1 at back), sumasayad kagad gulong sa fender even on small road bumps.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Your surplus springs are old and not as stiff as they used to be. That should be the culprit right there.

Most things that concern ride height usually are the work of springs.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    In addition.. my car before was lowered (cut springs front & rear), then restored to stock springs (surplus) and is on stock 14in. rims.. Now, even total 3 persons lang sakay (2 in front + 1 at back), sumasayad kagad gulong sa fender even on small road bumps.
    I was thinking the wheels are of the wrong off-set.

Have you checked if the tire's sidewalls are rubbing against the fenders or the tire's threads are the one rubbing against the fender liner.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Yes.. you are correct. The wheels are a bit off-set. The side of the tires are rubbing against the fender just beside the tire thread. I think if it had been 10mm less wider, should be no problem.

Is there any solution to this?

Help advise din po where to buy good springs.. how much din po?
    Im located at Makati.

TIA.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Yes.. you are correct. The wheels are a bit off-set.
    try this:
    offset

The side of the tires are rubbing against the fender just beside the tire thread. I think if it had been 10mm less wider, should be no problem.

Im located at Makati.

TIA.
    fender roll or buy a less wider tires or new rims

but SOP is buy a new oem? springs.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Yes.. you are correct. The wheels are a bit off-set. The side of the tires are rubbing against the fender just beside the tire thread. I think if it had been 10mm less wider, should be no problem.

Im located at Makati.

TIA.
    It's all down to the wheel. Your wheels have insufficient offset so they stick out of the fenders. The offset should be stamped or embossed within the interior of the wheel, behind the spokes or hub.

The easiest way of solving this is to change the wheels for something else...with higher offset. Try to look for wheels with +40 offset or higher, those should be pretty common.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Thanks Guys! I will buy new OEM springs..

Spring or Shocks?