New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    the caliper brake of my starex vibrates in poorly paved roads parang umaalog ng mabilis kaya feels like kalampag sa ilalim but when you step on the brakes even lightly nawawala ang vibration o kalampag. it was found out na ung pins o rods ng caliper ng disc brake e maluwag. it actually has a rubber "bushing" around the pin pero mukhang maluwag na. the other side na brake naman, sira na yung rubber. what we did was to place electric tape around the rod para sumikip pag pasok sa caliper. the vibrating sound was gone as well as the kalampag. this was the culprit. any suggestions on how to remedy the loosely fitting rod instead of using electric tapes? meron ba nabibili na rubber bushings for this? others suggested lots of grease sa chamber bago suksok rod. is this ok? need suggestions please.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    merong nabibili na rubber boots para dyan, dalhin mo lang yung sample sa auto supply.

Maluwag naman talaga yung pin/rod that holds the caliper, yan yung play ng caliper para pantay ang pressure ng disk pads both side sa rotor disk.

Mas maganda dalhin mo na lang sa Servitek or any other shops para makita kung okay pa yung rotor disk mo, baka warpped na.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    buy ka ng shims. it's basically a brass sheet. cut to fit and wrap the rod in it dapat exacto lang mag kita yun two ends niya. using electrical tape will limit the caliper's sideward movement. pag one side lang tumulak di kakapit yun pads sa other side (pahatak dapat yun) causing uneven wear, reduce braking power and in your case vibrations.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Repair kit for the caliper piston includes this rubber boots.
    High temp grease can help obsorb the shocks but you have to replace the rubber boots first to keep the grease inside.
    malaki na ba yung clearance ng rods sa hole guides ng caliper?

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    same thing happened to my car, instead of using electric tape, i use teflon/magic tape the white ones used in plumbing... i have no idea how long will it last...

sooner or later i have to replace the caliper piston...

tsk tsk gastos ulit...

6. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    meron pa rubber bbots yung rods ko. ang problem is the rubber thing wrapped around the rod which is placed in the middle ng rod. manipis na siya kaya umaalog. yung isa naman wasak na yung rubber. wala daw mabili na rubber lang. you have to buy the whole caliper assembly which i guess would be my last resort kumg wala mahanap na rubber. my rotors are still ok. walang drbbling ng pedals pag nagbrake kaya di pa siya warped. i'll try the teflon thing or shims and lots of grease. thanks for the replies.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    You can try M7 Brakes and Clutch along Aurora Blvd. Madadaanan mo siya kung galing ka ng SM CenterPoint going Broadway.

They have all kinds of replacement rubber bushing even those with metal sleeves there.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    similar experience with my brakes. pag paluin mo yun gulong madidinig mo yung brake caliper na nag vibrate, kaya ng search ako as per honda civic manual during installation pinalalagyan ito ng grease, kaya what i did dinala ko sa gas station at pinalagyan ko ng lithium grease(dala ko)ang pin at first ayaw ng mekaniko kasi di daw nilalagyan ito pero pinakita ko ang manual at sabi ko lagyan nalang niya kasi yun naman ang nakasulat, ginawa ng at nawala ang ingay.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by raine View Post
    similar experience with my brakes. pag paluin mo yun gulong madidinig mo yung brake caliper na nag vibrate, kaya ng search ako as per honda civic manual during installation pinalalagyan ito ng grease, kaya what i did dinala ko sa gas station at pinalagyan ko ng lithium grease(dala ko)ang pin at first ayaw ng mekaniko kasi di daw nilalagyan ito pero pinakita ko ang manual at sabi ko lagyan nalang niya kasi yun naman ang nakasulat, ginawa ng at nawala ang ingay.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mile2 View Post
    You can try M7 Brakes and Clutch along Aurora Blvd. Madadaanan mo siya kung galing ka ng SM CenterPoint going Broadway.

They have all kinds of replacement rubber bushing even those with metal sleeves there.
    thanks a lot. will try doing these tips, will try going to M7 when i'm in manila, sa pangasinan kasi ako

10. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    yeah, the repair kit for the caliper pistons should have the boots you are looking for.

solution sa maluwag na rod or pin that holds the brake calipers