New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    May 2006
    Guys any reviews on Sime Darby Tires? Eto lang kasi available dito sa amin no choice. Yung Goodyear naman dito sobrang mahal by order pa.

TIA

2. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    sime darby and bf goodrich tires are made by the same company. ok naman po quality nya.

try nyo din po yokohamas.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    order ka na lang kas BAI uuwi naman sa 16 di ba baka makamura ka ng konti? ang alam ko may mga benta siyang gulong.

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    thanks bro.

Hindi ba to madaling mapudpod?

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jake1210 View Post
    order ka na lang kas BAI uuwi naman sa 16 di ba baka makamura ka ng konti? ang alam ko may mga benta siyang gulong.
    Walang 225/70 r15 si Bai.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Syuryuken View Post
    Walang 225/70 r15 si Bai.
    IC, biyahe ka na lang ng manila, kuha ka muna ng pasahero mo sa solano para pang diesel man lang... at least maka mura ka sa manila ng gulong.

or uuwi ako by december diyan baka makapag hintay pa yang gulong mo.. ha ha ha.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Syuryuken View Post
    Guys any reviews on Sime Darby Tires? Eto lang kasi available dito sa amin no choice. Yung Goodyear naman dito sobrang mahal by order pa.

TIA
    the last time I had sime darby tires, one of the tires had it's tire thread explosively PEELED OFF at 120kph at NLEX. Later, I also saw a few more examples of sime darby tires with the same problem, the threads peeling off.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sime darby and bf goodrich tires are made by the same company. ok naman po quality nya.
    HINDI po ito true....the old plant of BF Goodrich in the Philippines was sold to SIME Darby of Malaysia during the early 80's...as part of the contract, slow removal of BFG identity ang gulong and gradual transfer to SIME DARBY...this took a period of 7 years as per agreement.

Sime Darby is never BF Goodrich and vise-versa....BFG maintained their production plant in the US and some other parts of the world...the Philippine plant was one of those sold out.

Currently, that same plant (in Parang, Marikina) is not even owned by Sime Darby na...it was sold during the late 90's to Goodyear.

I know those because my dad use to work at BFG and was still there when it was bought by SIME DARBY.

BACK TO TOPIC

Sime Tires na ngayon ang bulk ng identity nito...they have a good reputation naman sa off-roading (with their CENTEPEDE design and highly favored wheels sa Rainforest Challenge of Malaysia).

Saan mo ba gagamitin - truck, car or heavy duty work o pang porma? Hindi yata pogi ang gulong nila kung pang porma.

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jake1210 View Post
    IC, biyahe ka na lang ng manila, kuha ka muna ng pasahero mo sa solano para pang diesel man lang... at least maka mura ka sa manila ng gulong.

or uuwi ako by december diyan baka makapag hintay pa yang gulong mo.. ha ha ha.

Bro kalbong-kalbo na talaga eh hindi na pwedeng pang-long distance. Baka madisgrasya lang pag ibibyahe pa ng manila antutulis pa naman ng mga bato sa Dalton.

10. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    the last time I had sime darby tires, one of the tires had it's tire thread explosively PEELED OFF at 120kph at NLEX. Later, I also saw a few more examples of sime darby tires with the same problem, the threads peeling off.
    Quote Originally Posted by wildthing View Post
    HINDI po ito true....the old plant of BF Goodrich in the Philippines was sold to SIME Darby of Malaysia during the early 80's...as part of the contract, slow removal of BFG identity ang gulong and gradual transfer to SIME DARBY...this took a period of 7 years as per agreement.

Sime Darby is never BF Goodrich and vise-versa....BFG maintained their production plant in the US and some other parts of the world...the Philippine plant was one of those sold out.

Currently, that same plant (in Parang, Marikina) is not even owned by Sime Darby na...it was sold during the late 90's to Goodyear.

I know those because my dad use to work at BFG and was still there when it was bought by SIME DARBY.

BACK TO TOPIC

Sime Tires na ngayon ang bulk ng identity nito...they have a good reputation naman sa off-roading (with their CENTEPEDE design and highly favored wheels sa Rainforest Challenge of Malaysia).

Saan mo ba gagamitin - truck, car or heavy duty work o pang porma? Hindi yata pogi ang gulong nila kung pang porma.
    Para sa AUV bro (Hilander XTRM). Parang hindi nga maporma yung gulong ng Sime ordinaryo lang yung design.

Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Delikado pala Sime ganyang problema pa naman iniiwasan ko. Dunlop na lang siguro bibilhin ko.

Maraming salamat mga kapatid.

Sime Darby Tires