New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    are KYB shocks designed to be paired with lowering springs?? ok ba ang performance nito or should i get the more high end brands like Bilstein, etc?? :?:

considerably cheaper kasi ang KYB vs. Bilstein (6k vs. 16k per set of 4 respectively).

lastly, ano ang ok na combination ng type of shocks? should i get all gas, or get 1 pair of gas type shocks for the front, then 1 pair of liquid type shocks for the rear? ano po yung ok na combination for daily driving? :?:

btw, 96 galant ss po yung car.

would really appreciate your inputs! :D
    thanks in advance!

peace!
    8)

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Dunno about your KYB question, though in general KYB is ok, OE supplier ito for Mitsu's.

Gas charged shocks are better since they last longer. If you can get them, like the Bilsteins, it will last longer and the performance will improve. I had a Galant like yours before, I lowered it using Tanabe springs with the OE shocks. I had to replace the entire suspension 2 times in 2 years since it didn't last.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    KYB shocks are pretty good shocks for the money. Not only do they supply OE shocks to Mitsubishi, they do so for Infinity, Nissan, Lexus, Mazda and Subaru as well. They have to be pretty reputable for these makes to pick them up as standard equipment for a lot of their models.

Bilsteins are a lot more expensive due to a number of reasons. Bilsteins offer shocks that have more aggressive damper settings that work great with a lot of shorter, more aggressive springs used in a lot of racing applications (on both streetable and track-only rides, I might add), as well as touring-type shocks that provide a smooth comfortable ride that may be similar to the original shocks, but with some of the more sporty characteristics of the more aggressive line of shocks.

Also Bilsteins will net you a (generally) longer shock life with consistent performance allthroughout.

They are quite expensive, but if you have the cash, they will most certainly live up to their reputation.

Mixing and matching hydraulic and gas shocks on a car is just asking for trouble. It's like having different sets of tires with different attitudes and levels of grip. At the very least, it'll make your ride feel weird, and at the very worst, it could be potential road hazard and an accident waiting to happen.

Hope this helps!

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Guys,
    Any info's on how much Bilsteins Shock absorber. Who is the official distributor for this? Any autoshop you can recommend? As to what type should I get if ever I will use it in city and hi-way driving.
    Salamat..

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I have KYB gas struts/shocks and B+G lowering springs on my car and I'm very happy with the ride. Feels stiffer and more controlled than the original but not edgy. Bilsteins have built its reputation thru racing so you pay more for the name. KYB's are basically the same design and the quality of build and construction is on par with the Bilsteins.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    help din, am planning to replace my shocks this weekend, bilsteins sana kaya lang i dont know where to get them.. thanks.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Bilstein Shocks

Go email Auto_Xer*yahoo.com

In your email, include the following:

1. Make, Model, Year
    2. Do you want Sport Shocks, or Original Equipment Spec Shocks (i.e., Bilstein Yellows or Bilstein Blacks)
    3. What Springs you are using or plan to use
    4. A brief description of how you plan to use your car (i.e., makes little sense to get Bilstein Blacks if you really like going to Track Days)
    5. Most Important: Tell him Alfalfameister sent you!!!

Also available are Koni shocks, K&N Air Filters, LiquiMoly lubricants, H&R Springs, etc.

--Alf

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    KYB Gas shocks favorite din ng mga off-roaders. Works great kahit stock or modified ang suspension.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    wer can i get a KYB gas shock, my ride is 93 corolla gli any idea kung magkano. tnxs

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    so okei pala ung KYB shocks...cheaper kasi eh....pero okei namana pala ang quality...

guys

okei ba pag pina machine shop ang shocks?kasi i hgave a friend na pina machine shop ung shocks nya to be stiffer.....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Shocks Question...???