New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Naka KYB din ako. for my ride, it's short. di nabibigay full potential ng suspension stroke. ride is ok for me. I like it stiff. Cheap pa. get the new ones called gasAdjust. No it's not adjustable like rs9000. again, mura lang to. tibay din naman. after a while, either lumambot ng konti or nasanay lang ako. car corners well even without anti-sway bars.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Noteworthy27:::Bilsteins, the best, although naka OME shocks and springs ako (from Ungas) . I find OME stiffer than Bilsteins. Pag nakasakay ako kay "BEAST" ayos lang ang ride considering naka heavy duty coils siya. Pricey nga lang ang Bils.

Ungas:::pag nasawa ka sa Bils benta mo sa aking ;)

3. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    sir afrasay,
    would the performance be the same if it were in pickups?? here's one thing I want to change sa ride ko...according to my passengers...esp. my family...they say that they have this feeling of uncertainty...lalo na sa turns...parang magroroll daw...diba changing shocks would change this "feeling"? they felt this when we were in our way to infanta quezon...zigzag roads all the way!

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Soft siguro ang shocks mo kaya may tendency mag roll. Or you could be driving too fast sa zigzag. Mataas ang strada = high center of gravity. Try stiffer shocks nun Gen1 ko naka KYB gas. Di siya gaanun nag roroll up to 70kph sa subic zigzag. The Safari... - well that's another story.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by afrasay
    Ungas:::pag nasawa ka sa Bils benta mo sa aking ;)
    Malapit na, pero yung likod muna malamang ang palitan ko pati coils.

notEworthy27::: To make it more stable on cornering, a stiffer shock is your best option for your IFS setting. For the rear, any soft liquid type for the stiffer leaf springs could balance things out. Magkakaiba kasi ang weight principles ng sasakyan natin kaya mahirap magsabi ng sasakto sa gusto mong ride. Lalo na sa driving characteristics ng bawat isa. Meron namang malambot para sa akin, matigas naman para sa iba. Get my drift? ;)

6. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    changing shocks i one remedy to counter body roll. i suggest OME or Bilsteins. another is to change your anti sway bar bushings to poly urethane.

ungas is correct, the ride quality depends on you. but i strongly suggest you try them out, if you can get a 7 day money back guarantee the better. OME will set you back 19,200 for four, been using them in my isuzu pick-up for more than 6 years, only change were front bushings.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Kung malakas ang roll mo, baka malambot talaga setting ng springs mo.

KYB (na silver housing) yung gasAdjust. Ito yung top of the line nila. Japan ito and wala pang Php 1,000.00/ea sabi ni PK.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    OME shocks for me are a very nice balance of everything you want onroad and offroad. Kaya lang, MAHAL sobra. The Philippine distributor doesnt honor the Aussie 3 year warranty. Mine gave in in just 1.5 years. The warranty is only for a year.

I heard Bilsteins are great! But i havent had any personal experience with these.

Im now using (drum roll please)..............

KYBs!!!!!

Make sure you get the 'Gas-a-Just' series! Lufet nyan! Super tigas talaga (this is actually a good thing)! Hirap na hirap yung Technician ng Servitek na nag camber alignment sakin. Its that hard! 750-800 lang for the Pajero's front shocks, unfortunately, walang pang rear.

I havent gone offroading lately so i cant describe it's offroadability. But onroad, excellent yung handling! :D Im not someone who feels minute performance increases, but this really rocks!

For the price of 1 stick of bilstein or OME, you could already change all four shocks with KYB. :D

True, it may not perform to the levels of the high end shocks, but at the end of the day, my wallet tends to agree with me that its worth it.

BTW, meron din high performance shocks ang Kayaba, adjustable pa! Hindi lang nilalabas dito. Sayang....

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yang ang value for the money

10. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    sobra. sulit yung KYB ko.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
shocks...