New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Last monday I brought my cr-v at my suki talyer to have the rack end, stablizer bar bushing and brake pads replaced. When I got it in the afternoon and test drove it I was shocked that the front end of the cr-v became so bumpy! It felt like a lowered car with cut springs. I asked the mechanic what happened and he was puzzled as I am.

Today I brought it to servitek at ortigas and the mechanic told me that this is what happens to cr-v's when it is lifted using a lifter (the mechanical lifter that wheel alignment shops have, wherein the car is lifted from the side vs the one wherein the car goes up a ramp and is jacked at the lower suspension arm) and the wheels are left to hang freely for an extended period. He said that the ride was going to go back to normal after 2 to 3 weeks! He also said that this was true for other cars as well civic's and the altis specifically.

Has anybody else experience this?
    Last edited by afrasay; February 22nd, 2007 at 09:37 AM.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    yes common yan sa mga honda cars. happened to 3 friends who had hondas na. talked to an insider sa honda casa, may bulletin daw sila regarding this so dapat mag change oil wag lifter gamitin or dapat bilisan lang.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    bumalik naman yung normal ride? Is there a way to make it return to normal faster?

Ano kaya ang reason behind this?

4. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    it's normal, pero sad to say na hindi na babalik yan. you'll have to replace the shocks na.

shock stuck