New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Pls help! My car is a 2004 Chevrolet Optra, bumaluktot yung shock absorber ko. Can you guys recommend a good shop on where can i have it check & a auto parts shop on where i can buy a good replacement part. Your responses is highly appreciated! Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    panong bumaluktot? misaligned? yung loob o yung mismong casing?
    try to bring it at zee or cruven. baka magawaan ng paraan.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by happy_gilmore View Post
    panong bumaluktot? misaligned? yung loob o yung mismong casing?
    try to bring it at zee or cruven. baka magawaan ng paraan.
    Salamat sa reply sir. San po b yung cruven?Medyo malayo yung zee sakin ngayon e. Tnx po!

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jarhead_555 View Post
    Salamat sa reply sir. San po b yung cruven?Medyo malayo yung zee sakin ngayon e. Tnx po!
    sang area ka? may cruven branch sa QC, Kawit, Alabang and Makati. hanapin mo na lang yung cruven thread dito.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    I'd like to take this opportunity, five persons ride with me in my car the other day and noticed that everytime I cross a hump in the road I heard a strong thud at the rear like metal to metal. Does my car needs shock works, or replacement of the shock? Tnx for your help!

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by GaLynxmo View Post
    I'd like to take this opportunity, five persons ride with me in my car the other day and noticed that everytime I cross a hump in the road I heard a strong thud at the rear like metal to metal. Does my car needs shock works, or replacement of the shock? Tnx for your help!
    probably. but there might be other causes.
    to test your rear shock, push mo downwards yung rear end (trunk). pag tumalbog, the shock is busted.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    +1 on what Happy_Gilmore said.

You can also look under the car if fluid is leaking from the shocks then its busted.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by GaLynxmo View Post
    must be the suspension bottoming out due to the weight.

9. Join Date
    May 2007
    Hello po mga sirs. Id also like to take this opportunity to ask if my shocks are due to be replaced soon. Kung pwede din po sanang makisuyo (sa thread starter).

Everytime I encounter some humps (even the small ones), I notice that my rear does not seem to go with the bump. I mean parang ang tigas tigas ng shocks ko at parang naririnig ko na nagkakalampagan ang toolbox ko etc sa compartment.

I consulted a friend and ang sbi niya, maayos pa daw yung rear shocks ko. But I don't know if it really is. Lately, I am beginning to hear some squeaking sounds when I drive along the highway. Sabi naman ng rear passenger ko, sa bandang compartment niya naririnig yung tunog. Is there something wrong? I really don't know how to diagnose this kind of situation kasi hindi naman ako marunong makiramdam sa suspension system.

Thank you po. I know a lot of you out there are willing to share their two cents worth of advise.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Remove everything in your car and test again. The tools, stuffs, etc inside your car mess up with your diagnosis.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Shock Abrsober