New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    na encounter ko na yan dati....
    malamang biyak na yung rubber ng engine support.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by jick.cejoco View Post
    is the vehicle equipped with anti lock brakes? if it is, it's normal once the controls senses a substantial difference in rotational speed.
    afaik, wala itong abs.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    I would have said baka ABS nga, but since wala raw yata ABS, it could be something else. I was experiencing the same thing before, but mine is almost a six year old vehicle na with odo at around 70,000kms. Yung sa TS kasi is at 26,000kms lang daw so baka iba nga ang diperensya.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    It must be the brake rotor, refacing lang yan and will cost around 1K for the 2 disc. If you didnt apply the brake and vibrated at 80kph and up, then its the rubber bushings or even maybe the steering system.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Still same thing. Whatever you call it, the surface is uneven... hence the shortcut terminology... warped... and needs to be refinished.
    Well, I think the two should be properly differentiated. A warped rotor is synonymous to it being bent out of shape and is actually the same as the colloquial term "otso" (figure eight), like what happens to a bicycle tire when it hits a nasty bump. In which case, the runouts wobbles left and right along the outer edges and the rotor is no longer true. Once you've exceeded a certain runout limit set by the manufacturer, repair is almost impossible or impractical and would usually necessitate a replacement. The most common symptom of a warped rotor is a vibrating/wobbling steering wheel when the brakes are applied.

On the other hand, a rotor suffering from just DTV is technically true (not warped) and had only developed thick hard spots of cementite, which can be "shaved off" during resurfacing. The symptoms of a rotor with DTV is the pulsating sensation coming from the brake pedal as it is applied.

It is important to know when resurfacing is still possible or when it is time to ditch the old rotors for a new set.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    reface cost ranges from 350-1200 per rotor.

since i know our neighborhood machineshop, i am charged only 350 pesos. yung sa may commonwelth naman, they are charging me 1200 per rotor for reface lang din.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by zildjian369 View Post
    Mga master, I'm in need of help, When I was driving mga 80-100 kph in a highway, Then before approaching at the intersection, I braked yung tamang pressure lang sa brake pedal but longer applying the brakes in order to slow down my vehicle. I noticed pag apak ko nang brake pedal suddenly nag shake or nagvibrate siya habang applying force sa pedal.

Ano kaya ang problema nito? Is it worn out brakes, tires, or brake systems?

My ride is a 2010 Mitsubishi Adventure GLS Sport.
    Use for daily driving, home to school.
    Please help para ma aksyonan agad ito.

Mileage is 26,000 km.
    Resurface or Other Solutions? Kindly Reply mga master!
    are your brake pads new? if not possible cause are warped rotors. the cause of warping usually if the rotors are hot from use and biglang nabasa ng tubig.
    if the rotors have not been resurfaced before then go ahead and have it resurfaced.
    but if na-resurface na, its time to buy new rotors kasi ninipis na masyado and delikado na.

but if you encountered hardness of brake pedals when pressing, you have air in the system that needs bleeding.

hth!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12