New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    guys help po... i just changed my front brake pads 2 months ago and my rear brake shoe last week but i still hear this screeching sound whenever i step on the brake. ano po kaya prob?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    screeching? where? front or rear?

3. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Screeching? Metal to metal contact would make that noise. Put the suspected side up on jacks, rotate the wheels and identify which specific wheel is making the noise. Also, some new brake pads will squeel the first few miles. But if its the rotors, you may have to have them sanded down or be replaced. Good luck

4. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    It might be as simple as cleaning your brakes.. I hope you did clean the brakes and bed them before making any frequent stops.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Ano kinabit na pads? Brand new? Orig?

6. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    brand new brake clamps and brake shoes naman po and we did clean it when we changed it. more of at the rear wheel ko naririnig.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Did you installed original parts? It happened to me also when i used replacement brake pads. Pinalitan ko din kagad nang umingay sya.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    replacement lang po... mahal kasi yung original na brake shoe ng mitsubishi.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    baka kailangan i-resurface yung rotors?
    replacements are OK bendix naman eh...

10. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jvdejesus05
    replacement lang po... mahal kasi yung original na brake shoe ng mitsubishi.
    That's why. Better change to original or live with the screeching sounds.

Brakes efficiency are very important. If you lose gas, oil, water, your car would just stop. But if you lose your brakes you would not stop. If I were you I would not compromise safety.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
screeching sound when braking...