New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Yung rust din ba ang nag-ca-cause ng squeaking sound pag nagb-brake?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    No, brake squeaks are almost purely due to the brake pad... either a little pebble got lodged in between or the pad is thin.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    Because the bare Iron loses one of its electrons in reaction to air and water. It then becomes Iron oxide.
    WOW! genius

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by theveed View Post
    No, brake squeaks are almost purely due to the brake pad... either a little pebble got lodged in between or the pad is thin.
    sir bakit po ung akin natunog pag medyo makalawang, pero pansin ko lang yun pag nag break sa palusong or sa paakyat...

5. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    normal kalawang sa disc brakes. minsan nga nafefeel at naririnig mo pa na merong parang magaspang na sound when applying the brakes early morning. thats normal. after ilang minutes wala na yan

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Guys I need help. Is it normal for disc brakes to rust. The is brand new and only 3 months old btw. Here are some pics:

Need advice po.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    sir matagal na ba hindi ginagamit? usually they do rust if you dont use the car especially now that its raining everyday.

but if you do use it in a daily basis... now thats a problem. are these replacement or OEM?

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    These are OEM from the day I bought the car. I use the car everyday from mondays to fridays. I seldom use it on saturdays and sundays. I washed the car yesterday. I used a hose to spray water on the wheels. Could that be the cause? Is it normal? I'm afraid that one day the rust will go deep and cause the brakes to become brittle and break.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    sir, im no car expert but i think it should not rust that much if its used daily.

mine does rust also pero spots lang. try driving the car today then brake and go... if it goes away then i think your fine pero kung meron pa din, parang hindi na normal.

hintayin na din natin yung car experts diyan... maybe they can explain further on what to do.

10. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by hcdangan View Post
    These are OEM from the day I bought the car. I use the car everyday from mondays to fridays. I seldom use it on saturdays and sundays. I washed the car yesterday. I used a hose to spray water on the wheels. Could that be the cause? Is it normal? I'm afraid that one day the rust will go deep and cause the brakes to become brittle and break.
    Yes its very normal. Every time you wash your car and it sit's overnight rotor will rust or havent use for a few days specially in the humid area. Dont be alarm it will "shimmy shimmy bling bling" again after few kilometers of driving.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Rust in disc brakes