New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    I wonder how Michelin Tweel's ride is like. It's airless, no need for runflat. I'm just not sure how it's gonna fare in different road conditions. Looks like it's hard to clean. hehe

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Word is: ride quality, road noise and rolling resistance (must be very high because the tire's flexible... equals... sucks gas like a pig) are still issues on the Tweel.

----

RE: Tyron: the belt inserts are merely to prevent tire separation if you get a blow-out at high speed.

This still isn't as secure as real runflats... as they protect your rim, as well. Run any long distances on a tire equipped with this, and you still run the risk of completely destroying your rim.

Think of it as high-speed flat insurance if you're driving on balloonish OEM tires. For those of us on low profiles, which have a lower chance of tire separation on blowout, it won't do anything.

It's not a real run-flat system. It's just an additional safety system in case of puncture... a very clever one, though, and probably worth the money for the extra peace of mind.

-----

I think I read an article in which a tire engineer said that run-flats aren't exactly the wave of the future. He said that with new tire carcass technology, tire construction is improving to the point where you will experience no danger from a catastrophic tire failure.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Useful ang run flats pag madalas ka dumadaan sa C5

4. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    I wonder how Michelin Tweel's ride is like. It's airless, no need for runflat. I'm just not sure how it's gonna fare in different road conditions. Looks like it's hard to clean. hehe

Pano kung nalubak yan ng solid habang umaadar ka ng mabilis, anu mangyayari jan???

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Since it's a flexible material, it'll probably go back to its form.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    nice but the question is how much?

7. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post

so we are back to the future, hehehe i wonder how it feel, now im gonna experience how a charioteer runs

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Michellin's Tweel is already discussed here:

http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31104

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Tama yung observation about the Tweel, bad trip kung nakasagasa ka ng poop hehe.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    minsan nagtanong ako sa BMW kung magkano ang RFT nila ... P30k !!!
    para kang bumili ng bagong pc ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Run Flat Tires