New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    I thought I'd address the 2nd elephant in the room.... why is the hub assembly and lower arm soaking in oil? Is the strut/damper leaking as well?
    the clamp is dry...
    dunno.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    I thought I'd address the 2nd elephant in the room.... why is the hub assembly and lower arm soaking in oil? Is the strut/damper leaking as well?
    Kakapalit lang ng shock absorber na nag leak sa side na yan. The mechanic probably didn't bother to clean it up. Soaked nga din yung rubber ng cv joint. Pa check ko pa ulit kung may leak.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodka View Post
    inject grease inside the boot. then patch the hole w/ a bicycle tube patch. get a small and flexible one like Maruni

but that's just delaying the inevitable
    Thanks for the suggestion. Naisip ko din yun. Will probably try something like that. Kung wala talaga, tama si dr, baka hayaan na lang hanggang may tunog na, then replace.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by hardwang View Post
    Thanks for the suggestion. Naisip ko din yun. Will probably try something like that. Kung wala talaga, tama si dr, baka hayaan na lang hanggang may tunog na, then replace.
    Surface must be oil/grease free. Using something like the Bailcast split CV Boot glue might be better.
    Universal CV Boots

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Kakapalit lang ng shock absorber na nag leak sa side na yan. The mechanic probably didn't bother to clean it up. Soaked nga din yung rubber ng cv joint. Pa check ko pa ulit kung may leak.

That looks like a ball joint boot; it prevents dust and water getting into the joint. If the joint is still in good condition, replacing just its boot is a nice option. You can try 'em mechanic guys in Banawe as they might just find a boot from a recovered joint.

Cheers!

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by DreamTracker View Post
    That looks like a ball joint boot; it prevents dust and water getting into the joint. If the joint is still in good condition, replacing just its boot is a nice option. You can try 'em mechanic guys in Banawe as they might just find a boot from a recovered joint.

Cheers!
    most of these boots are not cheap to replace.
    while the rubber boot itself might cost only so much, the labor involved might cost more than the part being replaced. babaklasin kasi yung buong dulo...
    as i recall, the classic VW air-cooled axle boot was designed for ease of replacement. it had a longitudinal opening that is closed in place by multiple bolts and nuts. parang butones ng polo shirt.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    as i recall, the classic VW air-cooled axle boot was designed for ease of replacement. it had a longitudinal opening that is closed in place by multiple bolts and nuts. parang butones ng polo shirt.
    Those days....Those cars....Dealership survival wasn't conceived/schemed yet, doc.[emoji4]
    Look at them today....mod a lil, miss a PMS, void the warranty. Electronics, diagnostics, Make-badged lubes/fluids, CVT, planned obsolescence.....so many tricks up their sleeves. Cars are no different from cellphones now.[emoji16]

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    Those days....Those cars....Dealership survival wasn't conceived/schemed yet, doc.[emoji4]
    Look at them today....mod a lil, miss a PMS, void the warranty. Electronics, diagnostics, Make-badged lubes/fluids, CVT, planned obsolescence.....so many tricks up their sleeves. Cars are no different from cellphones now.[emoji16]

planned obsolescence and "no owner-serviceable parts inside"..

i wonder...
    if the tata nano were marketed here, at may aircon,
    will it click?

...is the suzuki expresso on display somewhere, for costumer-perusing?
    Last edited by dr. d; March 13th, 2020 at 10:19 AM.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    planned obsolescence and "no owner-serviceable parts inside"..

i wonder...
    if the tata nano were marketed here, at may aircon,
    will it click?

...is the suzuki expresso on display somewhere, for costumer-perusing?

pinoys would call it the tata u-nano would fail for the same reason it failed in india, pinoys wouldn't want to be seen driving a "cheap" car they'd rather buy a used car instead

speaking of spresso i think i wanna check it out later at a local dealership...

10. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Ah, question answered. It's a familiar sight kasi because it's happened to me before.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast