New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Guys mejo nginig steering wheel ko lalo na pag dumadaan sa mga pebble-y roads ramdam din sa mga lubak and hati sa kalye ... Wala po siyang noise of any kind pagnalulubak tlagang nararamdaman ko lang sa steering at sa body ng auto ... Natry ko patignan ung auto wla sila mhanap na trouble aside sa crack ng suspension sa harap everything else seems tight and solid...

From your experience Would a deteriorated front lower arm bushing (big) cause excessive vibration on both the steering wheel and chassis? Cause ive read somewhere that it would just typically make clunking noise when broken and not cause significant vibrations so i am having mixed feedbacks kasi wala naman noise akong narrinig

let me know what you think guys...tia

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    what's your tire size and tire pressure?
    but yes, you are right, its the bushings specially on the suspension arms.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    15" and i have 30 on all wheels

does having a semi deteriorated suspension bushing would cause increase in vibration and road feel?

i have tried moving both front wheels up/down/left/right while jacked tires are wont budge..

basically what i wanted to know are the tell-tale signs of a failing (big) lower arm bushing... the chassis and steering vibrates on rough patches but no clunking or anything sounding metallic just the increase vibration and the noise it creates (road noise)

4. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    rubber bushings tend to loss their elastic characteristics over time. they become harder or breaks. this includes the shocks insulators, the lower arms bushings, stabilizer bars bushings and end links.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    I can understand that the part wears out overtime ..what i really wanted to know are the symptoms of a failing lower arm bushing

6. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by rxbandits View Post
    I can understand that the part wears out overtime ..what i really wanted to know are the symptoms of a failing lower arm bushing

rxbandits,
    most causes for NVH (noise, vibration and harshness) complaints originate with the tires. do you have the right tire load range? regardless how much you try to deflate the tires, they would still be stiff if they were a step or two up the load range. if the tires are four years old or up, the rubber loses its elasticity and become stiff. the suspension bushings are no different whether they are of neoprene or rubber. they are time change items. the life of the car is estimated to five years just like most warranty periods and anything beyond that is at your own purse. some manufacturers like general motors incorporate dampeners on the steering shaft to absorb the sensible vibration at the steering wheel. check for slack at the steering linkages and adjust steering freeplay if needed.
    jick

Road texture ramdam sa steering wheel