New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    May 2009
    Replaced it 3x already while the front left (driver's side) is still flawless. I'm using Koyo M12649. Got no pull to either side when braking. A slight shifting to right if hands off the steering wheel when running on highways (could be due to the crown of the road though). All shock absorbers,suspension mounts, ball joints, stabilizer bar, rubber stops, etc. are good...what could be the culprit? steering geometry? some info would help a lot sir. let's discuss.

plus: Is "Timken" bearings still available at metro manila area? can't find one here in the province.

ride is dodge ram 50 (basically a single cab L200)

2. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    beware of fake parts or bearings. make sure you use the same type as the original, or a right and good replacement from other make.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Steering geometry would relatively be the same for the both sides. If all three replacements where KOYO, try a different brand the next time. Makatyempo talaga ng defective bearings, kahit sa hub. We used KOYO on two Altises and a month or so after, the left side on one and the right side of the other gave in.

Road crowns seldom cause pulls nowadays since Manila highways are "crowned" by patches and repairs already! The slight pull to the right may be caused by uneven tread wear on the front tires or improper caster settings.

4. Join Date
    May 2009
    Got no idea how to identify a fake bearing....i just rely sometimes on the price. yun lang kung balasubas ang auto supply, the price of an oem is tagged to a fake one....oooppsss.hindi naman lahat ganun. i hope there's no negative feedback on my comment.

i think i need to make a visit to the alignment shop this saturday weekend to further check the problem....

Right front wheel bearing wears faster