New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjababez View Post
    195k + KM na yun gamit kong vios, and 3rd brake pad replacement yun kinabit ko last weekend. nabasa ko kasi online, pag city driving (stop & go), mas madalas palitan rotor. hence the inquiry, para kung manipis na sya may idea nako kung ano maganda at murang ipalit.

btw good for you guys, at di nyo kailangan mag palit ng rotor.
    i am now curious.
    what is your vehicle, and what is the mileage and working history of your rotor that you feel is needing replacement?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ibig sabihin bro mas maganda sa OEM yung powerplus brand? thanks!
    btw yun bendix bro, may idea ka kung OK sya?
    There are certain Toyota models that have been prone to warping rotors. This is more likely to happen if you drive on the highway often, IMO.

3. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by admiral88 View Post
    Walang wenta yung powerplus, twice ako nagpa reface in 2years time. Im now using Bendix rotor nasa 1,500/pc pang Altis.

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    San mo nabili yun bendix bro * that price?

ninjababez online

4. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    There are certain Toyota models that have been prone to warping rotors. This is more likely to happen if you drive on the highway often, IMO.
    Baka yun altis siguro? (from post of admiral88)

Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    i am now curious.
    what is your vehicle, and what is the mileage and working history of your rotor that you feel is needing replacement?
    My rotor seems fine bro, hinahanda ko lang since 3rd brake pad na ito (possibly 4th since orig owner cant really recall). Nababasa ko lang online na madalas 3rd or 4th pad replacement, kasabay na rotor.

ninjababez online

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    what are the symptoms of a warped rotor?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    San mo nabili yun bendix bro * that price?

ninjababez online
    Sa talyer lang bro, sila yung naghanap ng choices, either powerplus daw ba or bendix, so i chosed the later. Sa crown service center, banawe cor cuenco QC

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tsikot Forums mobile app

7. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    what are the symptoms of a warped rotor?

Symptoms of a warped rotor includes:
    Pulsating brake pedal
    Chirping brakes
    Surging when brakes are applied
    Uneven wear on the circumference of the tire
    Slapping sound of the brake pad

Causes include
    Using impact wrench to install the tire
    Uneven torque of the lug nuts
    Reinstalling the rotor in a different clocking than the previous position or location
    Debris between the mating surface of the rotor and the hub
    Damage to the mating surface
    Quenching after the rotors ran very hot
    Improper installation

8. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    You can add late braking, overloaded conditions or riding the brakes downhill.

Some rotors seem to warp more easily than others. Never had a Toyota with a warped rotor. I had warped rotors on an Isuzu and a Nissan. But those were used for hauling so I really can't compare. Hyundai rotors don't seem to warp but they do wear out much quicker.

Even if they don't warp, at 100Tkms I would think they are past their wear limit and will fade quickly if not replaced.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    you can upgade a little higher with thailand-made RUNSTOP slotted and cross-drilled rotor discs. If budget is not a problem, then upgrade to higher or better brands (Brembo, DBA, EBC, etc). The cross-drilling &/or slotting of which dissipates heat better than standard rotors. Stopping power is also better. But OEM - spec is ok for most as majority don't use their cars for racing. I am not also fond of refacing as this is just a remedy & a "patch-up" job. Changing your warped &/or thinned-out rotors discs with a brandnew one (OEM, OEM-equiv or upgrade) and brandnew brake pads is the way to go...

10. Join Date
    May 2014
    Nakapagtaka puro pag machine shop ng rotor recommendation ng mga talyer na nadaanan ko, tapos 1k to 1.5k ang charge. Pwede naman pala bumili ng bago.

ninjababez online

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
replacement rotor disc