New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Pina ayos ko hand break ko, inasjust ng mekaniko pero pag itakbo bigla parang kumakapit ang break. dalawang bese nya ina ayos ganun pa din sbi nya kailangan e rephase ang break drum. pg itakbo bigla mag break ung kanang gulong sa liokd. Any idea kung ano ba rephasing ng break drum o sa hand break problem lng? TY>

2. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    B4 ginalaw ang handbrake normal ba ang car or hindi?

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Oh my goodness!

What car?

4. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    what adjustment and where was it adjusted by your mekaniko?
    Rear Brake have springs to disengage the brake shoes when the brake pedal or the handbrake lever is released.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    yup, Normal lng maliban sa kailangan i adjust ung hand break for better performance.

ung dalawang gulong sa likod, but ung rear right side lng ung nagka problema... kumakapit pag tumakbo

6. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by wackenerdz13 View Post
    Pina ayos ko hand break ko, inasjust ng mekaniko pero pag itakbo bigla parang kumakapit ang break. dalawang bese nya ina ayos ganun pa din sbi nya kailangan e rephase ang break drum. pg itakbo bigla mag break ung kanang gulong sa liokd. Any idea kung ano ba rephasing ng break drum o sa hand break problem lng? TY>

first, let's fix your post.
    it is reface or resurface - the act of machining your brake rotor or your brake drum to provide for a new flat, true and concentric surface
    it is your brakes not your coffee break, hehehehe
    identify your car, as always,when you post something, you identify the make, model, year of manufacture, mileage and the last thing done to facilitate the help you sought for.
    typically, when you mention that the rear brakes adjustment,. modern vehicles have self activating adjusters which may malfunction. if the brakes are applied and the rear brakes activate before the front brakes, have your proportioning valve checked first if you haven't replaced your brake fluid yet. there is a possibility that the brake lines or hoses are restricted towards the front calipers. to check for restriction, open the bleeder screw one at a time, without applying the brake pedal, the fluid should freely drip, if not, the hose or the line is restrictive. check the rear brakes for free flow too.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    since you mentioned your car's rear brakes went haywire after it was adjusted by your mechanic, my guess is that he offered to dismantle your brake shoe assembly for better cleaning, however, it is the reasssembly that he did not get it right, hence, your sticking brakes...

8. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by LN106G View Post
    since you mentioned your car's rear brakes went haywire after it was adjusted by your mechanic, my guess is that he offered to dismantle your brake shoe assembly for better cleaning, however, it is the reasssembly that he did not get it right, hence, your sticking brakes...
    Agree ko d2. Readjust na la ulit ang brake drum at cable ng hand brake, kapit cgurado yan..

9. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    kung more than 10 years old na ang car nyo.... pwede din PAlitin na brake cables nyo sir....

10. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    pwede siguro me mga palitin na rin. pero in this case since wala naman problema before the adjustment, probably mataas na yung handbrake, me mali lang siguro nagawa yung mekaniko. try mo dalhin sa ibang talyer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
rephase ng break drum or hand break problem?