New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Hi guys,
    Which high-performance tires would you recommend at the 205/45R16 size? Would you also have any idea how much they'd cost?

My personal pick was the Bridgestone Adrenalin RE001, but they don't seem to offer this locally in the size I need. Is this true?

Any help will be much appreciated.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Advan AD07 Neovas. Available in 205/45R16. But they're really expensive. Grip is terrific, lifespan depends on how nicely you drive... ...still, they're great tires... never overheat, and are very resistant to damage.

I think Federal RS595s and SS595s are available in this size, too. The RS is supposed to be grippy, but I don't know about its lifespan. The SS595 is supposedly all right, but I had the first generation 595s and I didn't really like them that much. The new ones look promising.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    ok ang adrenalin, not sure lang kung may 205/45/16.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Michelin Pilot Preceda or Michelin Pilot Sport. Both are available in the Philippines and in 205/45/16.

And yes, Advan Neovas AD07 are quite nice too.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Niky: Mahal masyado Neova at that size (the price jumps viciously from 15" to 16"). It's an extravagance using them as daily driving tires, to be honest.

Enzo18: Yep good feedback nga daw ang RE001, but sadly Bridgestone isn't offering them in the 205/45R16 size locally. I did the rounds this afternoon at Evangelista, no such luck. I'm not willing to get 205/50s (the closest I can get to RE001s with my wheels) due to speedometer error and potential fender-rubbing issues on my Jazz.

1D4LV: Di ba mahal Michelins?

Anyway I thought of getting Yokohama S-drive tires for a change. Any feedback on this particular tire? Based on the UTQG, it's just as capable as my current rubber (Bridgestone S-02) but has almost double the treadwear rating at 300.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    meron me 2 pcs nyan for sale dunlop lemans 60% thread

7. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    *Type 100,

S Drive was my first option, it looks great and the threads seems very agressive but i considered the Adrenalin because i wanted to try bridgestone.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Type 100 View Post
    Niky: Mahal masyado Neova at that size (the price jumps viciously from 15" to 16"). It's an extravagance using them as daily driving tires, to be honest.

Enzo18: Yep good feedback nga daw ang RE001, but sadly Bridgestone isn't offering them in the 205/45R16 size locally. I did the rounds this afternoon at Evangelista, no such luck. I'm not willing to get 205/50s (the closest I can get to RE001s with my wheels) due to speedometer error and potential fender-rubbing issues on my Jazz.

1D4LV: Di ba mahal Michelins?

Anyway I thought of getting Yokohama S-drive tires for a change. Any feedback on this particular tire? Based on the UTQG, it's just as capable as my current rubber (Bridgestone S-02) but has almost double the treadwear rating at 300.
    medyo, i think its around 5600 per piece sa 16s.... well performance comes with a price, ika nga....

9. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Sa Yokohama S.Drive na lang siguro ako, PhP4100 per piece. Generally good reviews din.

Kung may mahanap din akong Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD3 na ganyang price baka doon din ako

My beef with Michelin's rubber aside from the price is they don't seem to make them any harder-wearing. Almost all their tires are rated 240 for treadwear...
    Last edited by Type 100; April 29th, 2008 at 10:08 AM.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Well... for the price, F1 GSD3s are generally good tires. S-Drives, are too, supposedly, but I haven't tried them.

Yup, the price of Neovas is a bit steep, but it's worth it. Still, I am looking for cheaper tires for a daily drive. Magkano ba yung bagong RE050As? not exactly super-performing, but generally good... I'd say similar to the Advan A460s, I used to have... should make them cheaper than other "performance" tires.

Wanna buy my old Neovas? 205/45R16s... but I think they only have 30% tread left...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Recommended high-performance 205/45R16 tires